mmm, breakfast fritatta....

Take one bowl of last night's left overs.

(I had potato & sweet potato mash, carrot, broccoli, cauliflower....
you can use whatever you like......)
mash together with a fork, but not too thoroughly, you still want little chunks of vegetable.

Stir in one beaten egg, or two if you have a large amount of vegetables.

Heat a non-stick frypan, melt a little butter (or use oil if that's the way your boat floats).

Put the mixture into the heated pan, flatten to about 1cm thickness, cook until golden brown, flip it over and do the other side.
I made just the one large fritatta this time, but 2-4 smaller ones works just as well, especially for kids.

Add a little sauce...or not, your choice, eat while hot.
This kept me going though the entire morning, including a very hectic four hour checkout stint.

Comments

  1. What a great way to use leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delores; I hate to waste good food, and this is a good way to use leftover veggie, plus this type of thing has enough protein to sustain for quite a few hours.

    Kelley; hi! *waves*. It was very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first wife and i cooked leftovers like that except we didn't flatten it, back then it was called Bubble 'n' Squeak :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do this kind of stuff a lot River and it is always so very good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Windsmoke; that's essentially what fritatta is, although it's more often baked in the oven with a sprinkle of cheese on top.

    Rubye Jack; don't know why many people frown at leftovers, like they think yesterday's food isn't still good. Food doesn't go "off" as quick as some people think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have no idea why some people frown on left overs, tasty, economical and very yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I see some connection, or even causation (latte word) with your multiple divorces.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love frittata and make it often. Sauce on eggs makes me shudder though. To each his (or her) own.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't frittata just a sexier version of bubble and squeak?

    ...and I love sauce on my eggs too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tempo; exactly!

    R.H. connection? What connection?

    EC; suace isn't for everyone.

    Kath Lockett; yes, it is, although fritatta is usually baked in the oven then sliced in wedges to serve. Fritatta is what you serve to kids who won't eat bubble'n'squeak. I don't have sauce on fried or scrambled eggs, just the fritatta.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs