Sometimes on the way to your dream,

you get lost and find a better one.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

saturday afternoon skywatching

Last (hot) Saturday (hot) afternoon, I watched as this happened to my sky >>>


Partially shredded cottonwool  balls began to gather from the west.

and were joined by a few from the north.



The darkening of these clouds was a very welcome sight. Rain was on its way.

Soon there was no blue sky to be seen.

Then....this >>>>

Googled image.
I did have a 20 second video from my camera, of rain falling in the driveway, which I took while sitting on my front porch, hoping the camera wouldn't get wet, but it wouldn't upload to the blog. Hmpf!
One of these days, I'll work it out.........




9 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous shots. And when you work out how to upload video, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't figured out how to upload my photos yet so a video is maybe years away.

    I do love rain after the heat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonza photos. A good downpour after a stinking hot day is so refreshing :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delores; thank you.

    EC; will do.

    JahTeh; photos are easy, I'll send you an instructional email.

    Windsmoke; I like a good downpour any old time, but after a stinking hot day it's more than welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the rain after such heat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jayne; summer rain is always welcome. I love how the earth smells when those first fat drops hit the hot soil.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I upload videos to youtube then embed them in my blog.
    Love those fluffy clouds!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fenstar; I'd do that too, if only I could work out how to upload to youtube!

    ReplyDelete