Sunday Selections # 58

It's Sunday Selections time again!

Time to post photos that have been hiding away in your computer files, photos that you may have completely forgotten about. Have a hunt through your files and find some. Or just one.

This idea was brought to us by Kim from Frog Ponds Rock, who realised one day that she takes many more photos than she uses, as we all do, and wanted to post some of the older ones on her blog.

A once a week meme seemed like a good idea, so Sunday Selections was born and anyone at all can join in.

(I was just having a trawl through my Sunday Selections for the past year and noticed that I'd got some of the numbers mixed up, missed a couple of Sundays here and there, but I wrote down everything I'd posted so far, to be sure I don't get confused and post something that's already been up).

This week, I've chosen to feature a FENCE  that's in my new(ish) neighbourhood.
I love this fence. Made of bluestone and bricks (with a few cement repair patches), it's sturdy, solid, and beautiful.

This is just a small section, with a bonus cat.

The fence begins waaaaay back here.......


.....goes down to the corner.......
where a little gatehouse garden has been built.


Then it continues around the corner, down past...


...a double gated driveway to the end of the yard, where it again turns to circle back around the house and yard it encloses.

A truly impressive fence, it's taller than me, I'd say about six feet high.

To join in with Sunday Selections, simply post photos of your choice, link back to Kim, then go to FrogPonds Rock and add your name to the linky list before leaving Kim a comment.

Comments

  1. I wonder how the wall was capped before the little brick roof it sports now. Lovely stonework. The cat's nice, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fence certainly is a mixture of bluestone, bricks and a few pieces sandstone thrown in for good measure and would keep out unwanted visitors unless they had a ladder :-).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that fence, what a pity the capping is so formal.

    "Bonus cat." Made me laugh; you're stern at times -and funny; humour simmers in all the best bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely wall! And beautiful bonus cat! But I really love the gatehouse garden!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing fence. I love it, the Gatehouse Garden and of course the cat. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Joanne; I hadn't thought about that. Now I'll be wondering every time I pass it.

    Windsmoke; "...keep out unwanted visitors..." that's my kind of fence!

    R.H. Formal or not, it seems to suit. Everyone needs a bonus cat now and again.

    Cindi; welcome to drifting. I love the gatehouse garden too.

    EC; I love the fence, but I'm really curious about the house and yard behind it. Completely invisible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are ELSIE the EATOR?
    You are with ASETOR - CHER?
    You are with SHARRY?
    You are with " 59"?
    You are with DEDOONV?
    You are with COCNINES?
    You are ACE- MOEBACO - BAZZELECO ?
    WINGERSOS?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that fence - very typical of eastern Adelaide.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kath Lockett; I would love to live behind such a fence. Imagine the quiet.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's beautiful. We have a brick wall around part of our garden (not nearly as pretty as this one) and it makes things very quiet and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kathy; welcome to drifting. I do like a solid wall to keep out the traffic noises.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love the charming little gatehouse with garden. Quite an impressive fence. All the different kinds of stone and bricks make it look interesting.
    (And you are very organised. Keeping notes of what you've posted already. Sjeez, I'm feeling very inadequate and ashamed now ;-))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs