Sunday Selections #81

It's Sunday Selections time again!
Time to post photos that have been languishing in your files, waiting for their chance to shine.

Originally brought to us by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock as a weekly meme to show off some of the many, many photos we all take.

This week I have a few more riverbank photos and some statuary I saw along North Terrace.


Sunlight on the water is always a pretty sight. The building to the right is the kiosk which sells snacks such as ice-creams and hot chips, also sandwiches if I remember correctly. The usual soft drinks and hot coffees are also available.

The walking/cycling track runs along the river from the Zoo at least and continues through several suburbs after it leaves the city.


Wide green spaces for lounging, picnicking, strolling.


River ducks.


Cranes across the river in North Adelaide.


These are two of five plastic boat lanterns which I've been told light up in different colours at night.
I haven't seen this for myself, so I can't verify. They've been there for a few years now and I think they were originally placed as part of Chinese New Year celebrations.


Some interesting metal art, I walked around it, but saw no sign indicating what it is representing.


These large statues (people?) look as if they've been made of scrunched aluminium foil, then bronzed.

Comments

  1. I can't remember where, but I have seen photos of the lanterns in the river when they are lit up. They look better at night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are very nice photos and the riverbank photos are most idyllic.
    Enjoy the remainder of your weekend.
    Gary :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrew; I believe they are soft pastel colours, pink, blue, yellow, purple, red. I must get out one summer night and see them.

    Delores; these views are along the riverbank that runs through my city.

    klahanie; it's a very peaceful riverbank.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely. And sunlight on water is always a happy sight. Thank you so much - and I would be very, very grateful if some warm night you do take photographs of those origami boats in colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EC; I'll find out if they're lit every night or just for special occasions such as Chinese New Year. Then I'll get out there with my camera.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great "eye" for pictures. AND you have the great subjects so near your home. Lucky you. I guess all we have to do is open our eyes and subjects are every where..... but it seems I fail to see them and can walk right on by.
    Happy Sunday...Love Manzanita

    ReplyDelete
  7. Manzanita; welcome back. Adelaide is full of photo opportunities, but I often pass them by too. I think seeing things depends on what mood I'm in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always look forward to images around your area especially the "art" ones. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs