Sunday Selections # 114



Welcome back to Sunday Selections!

This once-a- week-meme was originally begun by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, as a way to showcase some of the many photos we all take, but don't get around to showing on our blogs.

The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to me, River, somewhere in your post
3. leave me a comment so that I know you've joined in and can come over and see what you've posted.
4. then go to The Elephant's Child to see her wonderful photos. 

Kath Lockett and Andrew often join in too.

I usually go with a theme for my Sunday Selections and this week I'm continuing with some photos of the roses I love.

I'm keeping it short this week as my computer is crashing a lot.
Possibly these roses have been on my blog already, but maybe not on a Sunday Selections, and I'm sure everyone loves looking at beautiful flowers.

this one always makes me think of those ruffled dresses worn by Can-Can dancers.
and I love the yellow centre surrounded by the pink.

I love the way these stand out with my darkened kitchen as a background.

look at this velvety texture, and it's fragrant too!

when I was very small, I had a white dress with flowers printed on it in this colour with a matching satin sash. My mum was a dressmaker and made it for me to wear to Sunday School, my sister had the same, but her flowers were more pinky red. With the matching satin sash of course.

who would have thought crimson, white and creamy yellow could look so good together!

looking deep into the heart of that gorgeous tri-colour.







Comments

  1. Hello,
    I visited your blog.
    Congratulations for your work!! An interesting and nice blog!!
    Good luck with your blog!
    Greetings from Algarve, Portugal
    Paulo Gonçalves

    I invite you to visit my blog
    http://viajaredescobrir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely flowers. I can't wait to start seeing some life in the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't beat a lovely rose they have everything and smell pretty good too.
    Merle.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful. Thank you. And you can post roses just as often as you like, I am NEVER tired of seeing them.
    I do hope your computer stops crashing soon. Infuriating.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful roses River, thanks for sharing, I have some of the same in my garden and your favourites are mine too. Hope you are having a great Easter break.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs