Sunday Selections #128



Welcome back to Sunday Selections!

This once-a- week-meme was originally begun by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, as a way to showcase some of the many photos we all take, but don't get around to showing on our blogs.

The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to me, River, somewhere in your post
3. leave me a comment so that I know you've joined in and can come over and see what you've posted.
4. hop on over to The Elephant’s Child to see more of her wonderful photos.

Kath and Andrew often join in as well.

The original purpose of Sunday Selections was to show off old pictures that have been languishing in your files and never being seen.
But I've lost track of what I've shown, so this week you're seeing new stuff. 

A visit to Mandurah, south of Fremantle in Western Australia.

I visited the waterfront at Mandurah with my brother R and his lovely partner V, while R fired up one of the electric BBQs and cooked our picnic lunch, V and I watched a reasonably tame pelican as he wandered around hoping people would toss him scraps of food.

Here he is eyeing off the chicken and tomatoes as R turned them on the BBQ

Losing interest and walking away

looking back to see if we'd changed our minds

looking back toward the group of kids that were following him around. About a dozen kids in assorted sizes were behind him for the whole time we were there.

After our lunch we walked along the grass and down these steps

and along this boardwalk.

that's my brother, right there.

and this is the bridge across the Peel Inlet.

We left Mandurah and drove back towards Fremantle, stopping along the way for icecreams at Rockingham.
I didn't take any photos there as I was way too busy slurping up rum and raisin icecream.

The weather was beautiful the whole week I was in WA, a bit of cloud here and there, lots of sun, a couple of nights when it rained, perfect for sightseeing.












Comments

  1. Oh how wonderful. I really liked Mandurah and I LOVE pelicans and I am so very happy that you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elephant's Child; I'm going back for sure, just not soon. Need to save a few dollars first. I'd like to see the famous wildflowers in the spring. Of course I'll have to take lots of antihistamine with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pictures show a place I would LOVE to be. The water... boardwalk... a friendly pelican... what's not to love? (I hope you ate lots of fresh seafood while you were there!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pelicans are tame and fun birds. You got some terrific shot of him. That ice cream sounds pretty special. Yumm

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful pictures. If I ever saw rum and raisin ice cream, I would have it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Susan; I'm not a big fan of seafood, I did have fish once while I was there. Mandurah is a beautiful area. Most of our coastline is gorgeous.

    Manzanita; I've noticed that about pelicans in most places I see them. The icecream was an indulgence, it's one of those things I can't eat too much of.

    Joanne Noragon; you don't get rum and raisin icecream in America? You need to come out here and get some.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a wonderful time was had.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for sharing those delightful photos of Mandurah. I love Mandurah. My folks and I holidayed there every Christmas and Easter from when I was 8 till I was 20 and I have so many fabulous memories. You showed the old traffic bridge and I remember sitting under there fishing. I once caught a lovely big kingfish and we took it back to the guest house where we stayed and it was cooked for our dinner.
    I am so glad you enjoyed our lovely State and you should indeed see more of it, particularly our beautiful southwest during the wildflower season. Not all the flowers cause allergies but we do find the wattle can be a little troublesome. I was watching the weather while you were here and it was quite kind to you thank goodness.
    Rum and raisin icecream used to be one of my favourites. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blossom; it was a wonderfully relaxing week, in spite of going all over the place daily.

    Mimsie; I liked it there so much! I'll be back for the wildflowers, maybe this year, maybe next year, I need to save some $$$ first. I've found that I'm not allergic to wattle at all, my problem is with grasses and the headier scents like jasmines. And of course moulds.
    I fished under a bridge once and caught absolutely nothing. Even my bait got away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs