Wednesday's Words on a Friday



On Wednesdays, Delores, from A Feathered Nest has a meme which she calls Words for Wednesday.

She puts up a selection of six words which we then use in a short story, if we are able.
Sometimes I look at her words and nothing at all comes to mind.
Some people use the words as a poem. 

This week's words are:

1. recalcitrant
2. fangs
3. dithering
4. glassy
5. rodeo
6. wet 

Here is my short story:

Finally the big day had arrived. The rodeo was in town! 
Most of the family was very excited, they'd moved into the area only seven months ago and had never seen a real live rodeo.
They'd worried for weeks that the day would be wet, the weather forecasts hadn't looked promising, but the sun was shining and not a cloud was to be seen. 
Mum had been dithering around all morning, making sure everything they needed for a long day out was in the car. 
Everyone else was outside, waiting.  Six year old twins Tony and Ben had their new cowboy boots and hats on and were jumping around whooping with excitement.  
But 10 year old Mike was still inside, staring glassy eyed at the TV screen, stubbornly  
(means recalcitrant) refusing to go. 
He'd much prefer to stay home and watch this new Vampire series. The newest Vampire was about to get his fangs and watching the change was what Mike liked best.

Comments

  1. There's always one party pooper in the crowd lol. Great use of the words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Big smiles. Every family has one don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very good River, loved the story, and yes a typical ten year old (I don't wanna go, I wanna watch my favourite show). Loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delores; that was usually me, I'd rather stay home and read a book.

    The Wicked Writer; typical ten year old, just like me, except it was books and not TV.

    mm; thank you.

    Diane Tolley; I'm not sure there is more. This is a short short story, a teaser. Well, that's what I call them.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs