Calendar Tuesday # 11



It’s November 1st….time again for Calendar Tuesday, which only happens on the first Tuesday of each month.

Let's begin with Violent Veg:

"Oh great!
Another coleslaw!"

Moving on to the Country Home Ideas calendar:

Does this look homey and welcoming? I think so :)

And now for the Suzy Toronto November page:

and here is what it says:



Always Color OUTSIDE the Lines

As a child, I was taught to always paint the sky blue and the grass green.
I was told to be very careful and stay inside the lines.

 Why did they do that? 
 
Life is too full of possibilities to conform to unimportant rules that in the end don’t matter.

Rules like these stifle our creativity and halt our progress toward achieving our full potential.
Discard those dictates that defined your old parameters, and reach for the colours you’ve never tried.

Splash violet, melon, and chartreuse all over your work…and splatter it on the floor if the spirit so moves you.

For now is the time to embrace your creativity.
Break the rules…and whatever you do, don’t worry about staying inside the lines.



 
 

Comments

  1. My whole life after childhood has consisted of breaking rules & I've had a ball!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fishducky; I tend to follow the rules unless I can see a clear reason why I shouldn't.

      Delete
  2. I have lines...demarcation lines...but they're not set in concrete and can be movable if the need arises.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; my lines are movable too, as circumstances dictate.

      Delete
  3. I was never good at colouring inside the lines, and these days a lack of fine motor control (and character) mean that it isn't really achievable. Nice to get permission too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; I tried to stay inside the lines, I'm a bit of a neat freak, but I used whatever colours I wanted. Green skies, red grass, black sun.

      Delete
  4. Anyhow rules are to be bent, not broken.
    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. peppylady (Dora); I see rules as a guideline, to be followed if it seems the right thing to do, to be ignored if something seems wrong.

      Delete
  5. Being a peculiar perfectionist, I stayed inside the lines instinctively. Some people build their own prisons ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S.J.Qualls; mine is a similar prison, I'm a bit of a neat freak, so coloured inside the lines, but chose my own colour schemes.

      Delete
  6. It is a good sentiment to paint outside the lines, but not one I follow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; you break rules a different way?

      Delete
    2. I suppose we all break rules at times.

      Delete
  7. Always do things outside the box, no matter what it is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan Kane; some things outside the box, but not every thing, not always. I'm not that free spirited.

      Delete
  8. I never was able to stay within the lines. Good to know now it doesn't matter anymore. :)

    Thoughts in Progress
    and MC Book Tours

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mason Canyon; I always stayed between the lines, I think I was afraid not to.

      Delete
  9. I can't think what I used to do, paint in our out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret-whiteangel; I always coloured inside the lines, but I chose my own colours.

      Delete
  10. Staying inside the lines builds hand/eye coordination...however, once achieved, scribble where ever you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only slightly confused; you make a good point, hand-eye coordination is so important.

      Delete
  11. You have wonderful calendars and I love Suzy's painting tip. Be adventurous in all you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimsie; thank you, I like Suzy Toronto's point of view too, even though I'm not as adventurous as she is. I have a new Suzy Toronto for next year.

      Delete
  12. Love the last one- of course, it is my motto...always color outside the lines. Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs