Sunday Selections

Welcome back to Sunday Selections.

Begun way back in the mist of time by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock and now continued by me, with a drastic relaxation of rules.


Originally meant for showcasing old photos lost on your files, never seeing the light of day, the meme has morphed into photos of your choice, new or old, good or not-so-good, anything you please, but nothing rude please.

If you are participating, please leave me a comment so I can buzz along and have a look.
Elephant's Child always participates, and her pictures are always worth seeing.



you might find today's selection a little boring, several photos of just one house very close to where I live. 

It's an empty house, rather dilapidated and I'm told dark and dreary inside. I knew the woman who lived there, but not well. 

The house is scheduled for demolition, with two, two-storey townhouses going up in its place. Sometime this year I think.


the fence you see is what separates that yard from the flats (units) I live in although I'm not at this end of the complex.


a little further towards the front of the house

the louvred and screened porch area that wraps around to the front

from the front. What you've seen so far has not always been visible, the people were hoarders and the yard was filled with stuff.

more of the front, which I never saw before the rubbish got removed.

a small section of what most of the front fence used to look like.

part of the driveway

a closer look at the front end of the driveway, most of this area, front to back, was piled high

looking through into a bit of the back yard.

Once it starts coming down, I'll be there again with my camera, if it doesn't happen while I'm out one day, and I'll take photos of the new development too.








Comments

  1. That house needed a makeover! And to be flipped for a profit. But you say it's being demolished for townhouses, so the investor probably got a good deal, and will make money off the multi-unit housing. I wonder if the hoarder house was condemned as not safe to live in?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; yes it was condemned, with water damage and termites etc. it won't be multi unit housing, just two x two-storey houses for two families.

      Delete
  2. Hoarding is a very sneaky illness. And dangerous, on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; very sneaky and sadly, the owners took a lot of the stuff with them, particularly everything stashed inside the house. Or so I heard.

      Delete
  3. Bet you and your neighbors will be glad when that is gone. Hope since hoarders lived there that a bunch of rats won't be looking for new homes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; I hope the rats don't make their way over the fence, but anything is possible and we will all have to be alert.

      Delete
  4. A lot of activity soon to begin there by the sounds of it. A fresh new start is about to start.

    I hope you have a good week, River...cuddles to the lovely Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; I like watching unsalvageable buildings being demolished and new construction going up. I just hope the new neighbours aren't the snooty type.

      Delete
  5. It reminds me of a song, something along the lines of, this old house is falling down. Wish I could remember. Country and western. Demolition of a house like that will be quick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would prefer to gaze upon a derelict house and its memories than a clean and clinical high rise monstrosity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Old houses that are not well kept make me sad. While i'd much prefer to see the old restored, i understand that sometimes it's just not feasible.

    My very blurry impressions of Jezzie (short for Jezebel) the pup are over here.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It will be nice when something clean & new is in its place!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs