Wednesday's Words on a Friday

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along and read it.

This month the words are again supplied by Delores and can be found here.

This week's words are:

1. despair
2. frizzy hair
3. hot air
4. impair
5. repair
6. midair

here's what I came up with:

Betsy came crashing in through the salon doors. "Help me, please," she cried. "I'm in despair. This morning's rain, now this unexpected hot air have brought back the frizzy hair I hate so much." 
Huge tears welled up and began to trickle down her perfect pink cheeks. 

Cynthia showed her to a newly vacated chair. "Don't worry so much," she said to Betsy. Nothing nature can throw at us shall impair your chances, what time is the audition?" 
"Two thirty," said Betsy, "that's only an hour away and I still have to get there in time to hand in my portfolio. All the other girls are bound to be there way before me, with plenty of time to cool off and calm themselves." 

"But not a single one has the fantastic swimsuit body that you have," said Cynthia. "Now you just relax and let me repair this mess, then I'll let Suze mind the store for a bit and drive you there myself, okay?" 
"Oh Cyn, you're an angel," said Betsy. "Thank you so much." She flashed the smile that transformed her from merely pretty to stunning. "I always feel like I'm floating in midair after your magic touch fixes what nature ruined."

Comments

  1. Ah to have a Cynthia in our lives. I wish , I wish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; I think we all wish for a Cynthia, I've yet to meet a hairdresser who satisfied me. All those around here seem to give anyone over 55 the same 'Granny" haircut.

      Delete
  2. It'd be great to have a "magic touch" kinda hairdresser in our lives, eh? I've never been any good with doing my hair, and I've never liked going to beauty parlors, either. For years, I cut my own hair, (sometime okay, sometimes disastrous) but as I've gotten older, I've learned to let a pro cut it. (sometimes okay, sometimes disastrous HA! But at least it feels awesome to have someone else wash my hair!)

    Great job with the words. Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susan; thank you. I've given up entirely on my hair, just letting it grow and tying it back.

      Delete
  3. These words were great fun, weren't they, I like your take, tho I have abandoned hair stylists now as I have this desire to grow a long, long, braid if my 75 yo head can manage it :)

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wisewebwoman; the words were fun, I'm looking forward to next week's prompt. I'd LOVE a long, long raid, but my hair doesn't grow more than a few inched below my shoulders, so that has to be good enough. At least I can make a ponytail.

      Delete
  4. Fantastic. Now, I hope when she gets to the audition those hiring aren't looking for a girl with frizzy hair lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only slightly confused; if they are she can just tell them her hair is naturally frizzy and perhaps produce a photo as proof. The ad is for swimsuits though, so they'd be focused on body shape, I think.

      Delete
  5. Drive her there? I never get that kind of service at Terrible Cuts! Good use of the words. You make it seem as if they were chosen for your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; thank you, I try to incorporate the words so they seem to fit. I think maybe this is a tiny place similar to Shark Cove where people are more ready to help out their friends. Maybe I can even fit this into the Shak Cove tale somewhere in the future.

      Delete
  6. We all need this kind of support in our lives. Fun story!

    ReplyDelete
  7. And to think...some pay a fortune to get their hair curled!

    A fun, happy tale, River. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. cynthia needs to be in every girl's lives, at least, when it comes to hair.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs