Wednesday's Words on a Friday

 

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by Cindi and can be found here

This week's prompt is: 

A picture is worth 1000 words. Write at least 100 words about the image below.


Here is my story:

"Daddy, how much longer? We've been driving for ages and must have crossed every bridge in the country by now. What if Mummy will never be able to find us? Did you tell her where we were going? Why couldn't she come too? I'm getting hungry, can we stop soon? Can we find a phone and talk to Mummy?"

"We can't stop on the bridge, Danny, you'll have to wait until we cross it. Aren't there any sandwiches or biscuits left in that bag I packed?"

"Don't want sammiches," sulkily from Danny. "I want fish and chips and a milkshake. Why isn't Mummy with us?"

"Mummy had to stay behind. You and me are going to live in a new house, all by ourselves and maybe we'll get a puppy."


Comments

  1. Ooh, a puppy. That will distract any kid. I kind of feel bad for the dad having to face these questions from his son.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lissa; a puppy will distract, but there will be more questions eventually.

      Delete
  2. Oh no, this is not good. Do I smell kidnapping by parent?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; it isn't good, but not a kidnapping.

      Delete
  3. I feel for all of the family. It seems that they will all have several more bridges to cross yet...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor dad and Danny. I hope it turns out well for them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; things do work out, but not for a long time.

      Delete
  5. I remember asking my parent on road trip, how much farther.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora; we didn't take many road trips but I don't remember ever asking how much further.

      Delete
  6. These things seldom end well. You told the story wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; this will eventually end well, but things going on will take time.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Margaret D; the puppy is a possibility and may help the boy forget.

      Delete
  8. At least neither of them is afraid of crossing the bridge. I'd have to close my eyes and think about puppies. As a passenger, of course! Not as a driver. Bridges are not my thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; I don't mind bridges, most bridges anyway. I'd think twice about a rope bridge over a ravine, for instance.

      Delete
  9. Oh, boy, how sad. It´s always on the "back" of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris Flavia; it's not as sad as you think. there is more to the story and things turn out well.

      Delete
  10. Interesting on many levels, at first I thought kidnapping too until you clarified. I hope you do a followup on mum.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WWW; if the words or the image takes me there I could write about mum. After I work out where she is and what she is doing.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs