Sunday Selections # 591

 


Long ago, Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if overseas bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I occasionally join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to them and have a look.

We'll start today in my back porch, where things have been moved, cleaned, packed away


Mr Karrett now occupies the space where I had a beach set up and he requested a fence to keep the rabbits away from his carrots


further along, much of what was there is now in boxes in the shed, it was all getting so covered in dust and taking too long to clean each time, plus the air out there is often too stinky from the drug smell wafting across from another unit, I just couldn't stay out there too long without coughing my lungs out.


opposite, this is the chest of drawers where Mr Karrett used to live,  the board with fake grass that he sits on jutted out from the front edge by about four inches, now I have that much more space to walk in.


I cleared some rubbishy bits from out of those drawers and found my fisherman, I remember him being one of the very first things I ever bought for my garden about 25 years ago.


a closer look shows you his fist is broken and his fishing pole long gone, it was a very thin bamboo pole with a nylon line attached but I never got around to buying him a pond to fish from, so he was packed away I think almost nine years ago now.


I rolled over in my sleep and landed on a sleeping Lola who retaliated as cats do, this is the morning after, I stood in the freezing cold bathroom pouring on the Dettol, slapping on the bandaids and being thankful it was my arm and not my face.


a couple of days later the bandaids came off, you may notice the bottom left puncture is still oozing blood, so I put a fresh bandaid on that one, but the rest were okay and now there is nothing left to see, all healed just ten days later.


somebody wandered through and dropped heart shaped cutouts into gardens and along the paths.


Notice anything different about the statue?


it's acquiring a patina of green which I quite like


It makes it feel more like it belongs, somehow.


this is the tallest of the jades, covered in flowers now,


and a close up of the flowers just in case you forgot what they look like.



the greenery is looking a little yellow, so I should feed it, but it has thickened enough that the golden bunny is barely visible


there she is, peeping through the leaves


the first-planted batch of Caribbean Lilies is making decent progress, with a surprise fourth one making an appearance, that's it right in the front centre.


one of my self-sown tomatoes ripening,


fell off into my hand when I was checking it for bugs, you can see here something has been nibbling at it. I don't expect it to have much flavour, not being fully ripened.


and here are the babies, making terrific progress, in this photo taken last Thursday they are four weeks old and already smiling! Look closer, Ana on the right is definitely smiling. After raising four babies and watching the other grandchildren, I know a proper smile when I see one 😀

Comments

  1. OHHHH the babies!! They are gorgeous!!!
    The patina on the garden statue does look like the garden has made them feel more comfortable, kisses of algae.
    WOW, your cat doesn't mess around! I am sure she feels remorse...haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Sue; remorse from a cat? Hah! but she has decided to sleep at the foot of the bed now instead of under the covers with me. I like the stature more now that it is "aging", it looks like it ahs been there forever instead of just a few months.
      The babies are melting my heart.

      Delete
  2. A truly lovely selection - except for your war wounds. I am glad that they healed well. And of course the twins are gorgeous. I am so glad that they are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; I always heal well and quickly, we all do in my family. I'm very happy the twins are doing so well and are happy enough to be smiling already. Life is good.

      Delete
  3. I never had much luck with growing vegetables because of the critters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike; I've never done well with tomatoes, but I seem to be able to grow beans quite well. This particular garden patch has terrible soil and lots of tree roots, plus snails, slugs, earwigs, and other crawling slithery things that love to snack on greenery. Thankfully we don't have big critters like deer.

      Delete
  4. Good morning, River. The smiling little bubs and beautiful little girls indeed. Such little sweeties. They'll have so much fun at your place when they pay visits when they're older...all your colourful bibs and bobs, bits and pieces certainly will intrigue them. :)

    Fortunately, once I settle in bed and go to sleep, I don't move. I wake up again in the very same spot and position. You'll have knit some mittens for your kitten! :)

    Enjoy the week ahead, River...cuddles to the lovely Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; I do hope the twins will visit, I have packed away a lot of bits and bobs, got tired of cleaning them, but there are things they can play with. I move around in my sleep more than I used to, I remember falling asleep and waking in the very same spot and position, but when I dream, perhaps that's when I move around. I can just imagine trying to put mittens on her! Hah!
      The twins are beautiful and so happy all the time. We are not criers in my family, and the girls always have someone around to talk to them, with three older brothers.

      Delete
  5. Good to have decluttered your porch a bit.
    I love the fisherman.
    That was quite some retaliation by Lola but you did heal quickly.
    Your jade is impressive and what a lovely sight the twins are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; the porch is decluttered and the shed is bursting at the seams. When the weather warms up I'll have to get down there and start a big clear-out. It doesn't help that I'm storing things for a couple of family members. Thank you re the twins, they are beautiful to me and I'm pleased that others think so too. That jade is five feet tall now.

      Delete
  6. Twin looks lovely.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora; thank you, I think they are just perfect.

      Delete
  7. My goodness, Lola really has an attitude about being rolled on. Wow. Do be careful, cat scratches can be dangerous.
    Oh my those babies are precious and smiling yet? Hard to believe it has been 4 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; I expect being suddenly rolled on would bother me quite a bit too, especially since Lola is so much smaller than I am. I'm always liberal with the disinfectant when I've been scratched and always heal quickly with no infection.
      Yes, those babies are smiling already and my son also said he can't believe it's four weeks already. It's going so fast!

      Delete
  8. Those are darling babies, in their little onsies, like the ones my daughters had, fifty odd years ago. I love how they still put non stick feet bottoms on them, like the baby will be in a marathon tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne; thank you. They are wearing identical onsies this time, where in the past they've had different colours and now that Ana is catching up in size it is harder to tell which twin is which. Gen still has slightly chubbier cheeks, but that won't last. At the rate they're growing they may well be in a marathon soon.

      Delete
  9. Four weeks already! The twins are thriving! I hope your tomato is flavorful. It should be at least as good as a store-bought version. Poor Lola. She was just doing what comes naturally to an animal, protecting herself from injury. Too bad it caused YOU an injury.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; yes, four weeks already! At this rate they'll be in school by Christmas! The tomato is out of season and fell off too soon, so I'm not expecting any flavour. It's very small, like a cherry tomato. Lola did what cats do when surprised out of sleep.

      Delete
  10. Beautiful photo of the babies. Guess I could say Lola had a fight with you, oh dear.. Take care there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; thank you, they are adorable aren't they? Not a fight, just a reaction from Lola who was sound asleep when I rolled onto her in my sleep. No grudge holding here.

      Delete
  11. These are so sweet! I love the babies. (ツ) from Jenn Jilks , ON, Canada!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenn Jilks; thank you, I think the babies are adorable too.

      Delete
  12. What lovely selections, and those babies are precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; thank you. The babies are very precious, we all love them so much.

      Delete
  13. Oh, I think you would become friends with a to me unknown neighbour who decorates a tree-place on the sidewalk :-)
    I always smile when I walk by.
    Dettol. Together with baby-oil it works against mossies, a ranger once told us. Oh, boy, do I still want a cat? ;-)

    Very sweet of that person dropping the hearts.

    The patina really makes a good difference.

    Very, very cute last pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris Flavia; perhaps you could keep watch and meet the tree decorator. I find vinegar works against mossies, they don't like the smell and stay away. The hearts were nice, I think some schoolgirls walking through dropped them. I think the patina makes the statue fit better into the garden. If I ever move away, I will leave it there. It is a very cute baby pic. Too soon they will be rolling and crawling.

      Delete
  14. You sure have gotten your Lola-antibodies in shape ;) THe twins are adorable, and yes she's smiling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; I have always been a fast healer and rarely get infected. I'm happy the babies are smiling already, I know they are happy and feel safe. If they follow their father they will soon be sleeping through the nights as well.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs