A few days ago, (possibly longer), I was tagged by Delores, who writes over at The Feathered Nest, to follow this meme and pass it on.
The idea is for me to answer the eleven questions set by Delores, then make up eleven new questions and tag eleven new people to answer them.
They in turn would do the same and so it would go on.
Now I'm completely hopeless at making up questions to ask people, (I'm uncomfortable with asking personal questions), so I made up a few and asked my daughter K for help with the others.
Here are the questions Delores asked, with my answers in italics.
You are going on a picnic:
1. Will you make the food yourself or get takeout?
I would make my own salads and/or cake, but get takeout for the hot food/meat portion, such as a barbecued chicken.
2. Will you use paper plates or pack real plates?
Paper plates, but the strong ones that can withstand having chicken or steak cut on them.
3. Country or city park?
My favourite inner suburb park that has electric public barbecues and a shallow kiddy wading pool.
4. Invite some friends to come along or not?
Friends of course, what good is a picnic on my own?
5. Use a bug spray or a screened dining tent?
Both. The screened tent to keep bugs off the food and the bug spray to keep the bugs off us as we waqtch the kids in the pool.
6. Bring a ball and bat?
Maybe, it depends on the kids and dads. No point if they're not into ball sports.
7. Pack the kids bikes?
No. There's enough to do at my favourite park.
8. Laze around for the day or have an activity planned?
Definitely laze around, that's what picnics are for.
9. Hope to find a picnic table or bring your own folding table?
Always bring my own folding table, just in case lots of other families are also picnicking and using the available tables.
10. Decide at the last minute to go to a restaurant?
No, no, not after all the planning and salad making!
11. Throw up your hands in defeat and stay home for a picnic on the deck?
No, the park is a much better option. There's the pool for a start and more running around room.
Now I'm supposed to tag eleven other people to answer the questions I (we) made up.
2. Kath Lockett
4. Andrew (and R too)
I'll have to let them know they've been tagged, then hopefully they'll all play along and answer these eleven questions.
1. You're taking a three month holiday, no expenses spared, do you cruise the oceans or fly the skies?
2. If you could ask God for one world-wide miracle, what would it be?
3. Would you choose sky diving or deep sea diving? (why?)
4. Would you choose having your wishes granted or having the power to grant wishes?
5. If you could pick a song to be a world anthem, what would it be?
6. Do you dream in black and white or colour?
7. Three-course meals or one-pot dinners?
8. Do you menu plan, shop for two weeks worth of ingredients, then serve up toast and jam for dinner?
9. Do you dye your hair a totally different colour from what nature intended?
10. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
11. Do you change your home decor to suit the seasons or do you just leave things as they are year in year out?
Practical or fanciful with your answers? That's up to you.
WFW-The Broken Lock
3 hours ago