Sunday Selections # 381

Welcome back to Sunday Selections.

Begun way back in the mist of time by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock and now continued by me, with a drastic relaxation of rules.

Originally meant for showcasing old photos lost on your files, never seeing the light of day, the meme has morphed into photos of your choice, new or old, good or not-so-good, anything you please, but nothing rude please.


If you are participating, please leave me a comment so I can buzz along and have a look.
Elephant's Child always participates, and her pictures are always worth seeing.


this week you'll see more of that pink and blue graffiti panel from last week.

I was careful not to get the numberplate on this car

the detail makes the stones look so real

here's a ghostly hammerhead shark

Handsome?

and Handsome's brother?

love these little mushrooms

a closer look at the first one, I like the frog on the leaf

a Bridge to Terabithia?

licorice allsorts grow on trees, did you know that?

another hammerhead shark

this giant clam (triffid? That plant , Audrey, from The Little Shop of Horrors! ) is wearing a cute little hat

again, the artists

and way down near the end of the wall:

these little birds remind me of the popular "Angry Birds" game played by millions.
















Comments

  1. The artist has quite the imagination!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fishducky; I wish I had half as much and the talent too.

      Delete
  2. Aww, what happened to the little birds?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace; I think they were paper posters and have been weather damaged.

      Delete
  3. Oh what fun. I suspect I would ensure that my travels took me past that mural any time I was in the area.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; I travel pat that alley on a bus four times a week, but from the bus only that first metre or thereabouts is visible as you zoom past, so I went walking to see the full wall one day.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. joeh; I wish I had some of that talent, but I guess I have talent for other things instead.

      Delete
  5. Great work...I hope no senseless, talentless idiots deface the artwork.

    Have yourself a wonderful week, River. Cuddles to the lovely Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; Like you, I do hope no one defaces this, it's just too good. Lola says hello to Remy and Shama.

      Delete
  6. Very different type of artwork than others I've seen, it's impressive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret-whiteangel; I'm certainly impressed :)

      Delete
  7. It's quite a piece of work. The birds at the end are cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; the birds aren't part of the artwork, they're leftover posters that haven't fully weathered away.

      Delete
  8. Very creative and imaginative. Mike and Fred need to get paid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; I think this was a commissioned piece, so the artists did get paid. At least I hope they did, and handsomely, paints aren't cheap and that must have taken hours.

      Delete
  9. So much talent, even if some of it is not exactly my taste. "Handsome", as you called him, looks more stern to me. Lots growing here, although none of these plants are mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; "handsome" and the others are based on the Easter Island statues I believe.

      Delete
  10. I think those "birds" look like Gizmo from the movie Gremlins, or Furbies, the mechanical toy from the 1990s.

    That bridge is my favorite of this group.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made me smile with "Handsome" and "Handsome's brother" :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs