finally!

The desk is done.
Knock, knock..."come on in J."
Mr upper-body-strength strolls in, takes a look at the bits all over the floor.
What is it again?
"A computer desk."
"Oh."
I show him the picture instruction sheet and he tosses it back at me.
"You know I can't follow these things; just tell me where to put the screws, where to put the little dowel thingys."
So I tell and he constructs.
40 minutes and it's done.
"You need better quality screwdrivers, these are crap. Did you make the spag bol?"
M couldn't come with me, the baby's got an ear infection."
He swallows a huge bowlful.
"Are you going to eat those leftovers?"
"No."
"Can I take them home?"
"Yes."
"Thanks missus. See ya."

My son's best mate. Through thick and thin, these boys, (men really, both 30 something), stick together.

Comments

  1. Nephew is like this, picks up tv's with two hands and a screw driver is muscle powered. I'd be lucky to handle a battery powered toothbrush.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm lucky I've still got my boofhead at home. I'd be stuck without his handyman skills although he doesn't display them frequently enough!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs