my tree

The leaves, so pretty in reds, orange and yellow.....

...are almost all gone now.



Leaving only the fat, furry, grey buds that will become the leaves and blossoms of next spring.

This tree was planted in my front lawn the third summer I lived here. It was just one metre tall then. Now, the topmost branches are just above the gutter height. By next summer it will be higher still, throwing very welcome shade onto the big front window of my home. It's a manchurian pear tree, the very same as the ones planted in the streets around here. Fast growing, lovely autumn colours and little berries that the birds love. The lovebirds that you see in the second picture aren't real. They're plastic, from the Reject Shop.


Comments

  1. At least you don't have too many leaves to sweep. I need a blower to keep them off my verandah and an 80 foot Liquidamber is plopping hand sized leaves into the pool . . trust me the water is cold this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baino, you need a pool cover.
    I do sweep plenty of leaves, the other units all have trees and on windy days the leaves all seem to end up in my carport. I don't mind, I stomp on them to break them down a bit, then put them on the garden bed as mulch.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs