Sunday Selections #30

It's Sunday Selections time again!
Time to post photos that have been hiding away in your computer files, photos that you may have completely forgotten about.
Have a hunt through and find them.

Sunday Selections is brought to us by Kim, from frogpondsrock, who realised one day that she takes many more photos than she uses, as we all do, and wanted to post some of the older ones on her blog.
A once a week meme seemed like a good idea, so Sunday Selections was born, and anyone at all can join in.

I usually choose a theme for my Sunday Selections, but this week, instead, I bring you photos of something I created.

When I first moved in here, this is what I found, instead of a kitchen door.  Useless at keeping heated or cooled air in.

So I made a screen.

From a large piece of cardboard, (part of the box my refrigerator had been delivered in) and dozens of randomly selected magazine pictures.

 Here's a closer look.

 The side that faces into the kitchen has food related photos. I try not to look at that side too much because it makes me want to eat.

Here's a closer look.

(I do have close-up photos of some of the pictures I used, but I can't seem to find them).


To join in Sunday Selections, post photos of your choice under the Sunday Selections title, go to Kim's site, add your name to her linky list, then leave her a comment.
Then have a look at what others have posted for their selections.
There are some really good photographers out there.

Comments

  1. Nice piece of work. Necessity is the mother of invention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. That is truly lovely. Colourful, beautiful and useful. You are clever. I would not have thought of it, and would have gone through the hassle and expense of getting a door fitted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever and versitile, River!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've proven my thesis; you are not mad, you are an artist!

    -ROBBBERERRRRT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And (if I may) necessity is not the mother of invention, it is the mother of theft.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well it's very nice. I like bright colours, and chaos; everyone needs distraction. You'll have no trouble moving, surely, with so much family to help out? How much cheaper is your new place?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delores; I'm nothing if not resourceful.

    EC; A door would have intruded too much into either room, plus I'm renting so the expense wouldn't be worth it.

    Jayne; thanks. I'm not sure where I'll put it in the new place, perhaps acoss the kitchen doorway again as it's an open space, no door.

    R.H. and here's me thinking I don't have any artistry in me...I know a few people who see theft as the answer to necessity. I don't think it's right, but who am I to judge? I guess it depends on the theft. Stealing food to feed your starving family? Or nicking a TV because you want a new one? Rent on the new flat per fortnight is less than half what I'm paying here for a week. On the other hand I'll be losing the rent assistance that I get now from Centrelink, but I should still come out ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've definitely got a creative streak in you and this is proof :-).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice, and I like that it is all recycled too :) Miss 4 would enjoy making something like that very much :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your screen River. Absolutely love it! Thanks for the smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Windsmoke; so often I don't see myself as creative, because the rest of my family is so talented.

    amandab; gather supplies and let her make a small one to hang on her wall.

    Emma Sheree; cardboard, magazines, scissors, glue....

    Kim; thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs