Sunday Selections # 691

 Long ago, Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child ( https://myjustsostory.blogspot.com.au) and I join in as do a few others. Andrew (https://fromthehighrise.blogspot.com.au) is one.  

Messymimi (https://messymimismeanderings.blogspot.com) is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look, 

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.

Lola snoozed on a cushion so covered with cat hair I'm surprised the stripes are still visible

while I heated up leftover home made pizza for dinner

a fold-out bunch of flowers card from "no-one" for Mother's Day, no watering needed and they will never die.


A few things I saw as I rambled about the next neighbourhood (Parkside) over the main road

a nice neat sign

a sandpit in a playground within a park

I think the toys are there permanently to be shared as there were no children around

there is even a beached (decommissioned?) naval aircraft carrier

a painted stobie pole by a school - helping hands?

the artists names

the Art Supply shop on Glen Osmond Road: a fantasyland of papers, paints, brushes, pencils in sets, or individual pencils, crayons too. I don't remember the website for buying online..

side view with the street number

a cafe, Lunch on 107, it's on a corner, but where? I can't remember which street I was on.

footpath sign by Lunch on 107

Frame Works and Gifts on the corner of Glen Osmond Road and Young Street

had these birds "framed" on the corner of the building.

further down Young Street (a lot further down, it just goes on forever!) a fat pink camellia bud, and behind it

an open camellia

More now from R and V's road trip:

Emma Gorge, he sent a video as well showing both waterfalls but I have lost it somewhere in my files 😢

people were swimming at Emma Gorge, so R and V did too, he said "invigorating" which I took to mean freezing bl**dy cold

the diversion Dam at Kunnanurra 

Ivanhoe Crossing was closed being three feet under water

Back at the twins home:

this cupboard has been faced with chalkboard

and the girls went straight to it when they got out of bed

and back again as soon as they were dressed.

I am not here to answer comments, I am at the girls birthday party.

WAKADOO! The Twins are two!



Comments

  1. I am not a big fan of pizza but your homemade one looks very tempting. Congratulations to the twins on the occasion of their second birthday! Do you keep their faces hidden on purpose? By the way - that is not a criticism.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yorkshire Pudding; home made pizza is the best kind, I even made the base. I didn't take these twins photos, their mum did, the girls were too busy with the chalk to turn around.

      Delete
  2. I love the "framed" birds! And that's a great bouquet -- very low-maintenance. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steve Reed; the framed birds are great and won't be eating anyone's flowers! I love my paper bouquet and plan to keep it until it falls apart with age.

      Delete
  3. Love your rambles about and the interesting photos. That blackboard is marvelous fun. I would love that art shop.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WWW; I quite enjoyed rambling about and was surpised to cover so much ground in only an hour and a half. Blackboards and children are a match made in heaven. Like puddles and mud and children. The Art shop is wonderful inside, they have an entire half wall of individual pencils, like a rainbow.

      Delete
  4. Your pizza looks good enough to eat! So good, in fact, that if it had been in my kitchen originally, I doubt there would have been leftovers. Hard to believe that the girls are already TWO! The chalkboard is a great addition. They will have many hours of fun there, without realizing that they're also learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; ha ha, it certainly was good enough to eat. Twice! I made a larger one on purpose. This morning I was thinking back to their actual birth day, they were so tiny, one was five pounds and the other only four pounds and their head fit into the palm of my hand! Now they are two and learning things so fast. Talking, singing, dancing, climbing, running, jumping.

      Delete
  5. A delightful and very varied selection. TWO? How did that happen. Have a heap of fun at their birthday. As they will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; yes TWO already! Half way to school age almost. The party isn't happening, the household is in the clutches of a stomach bug with much up-chucking going on. We'll celebrate once that is all over.

      Delete
  6. Swimming in cold water? No no no!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike; my thoughts exactly. I like my water bathtime warm these days. Plus it is winter here now so the waters around the land are even colder.

      Delete
  7. I love seeing pics of lovely Lady Lola...please give her cuddles from me..when she wakes up! :)

    I hope the twins and family are feeling much better

    Take care, River...I hope the week ahead treats you kindly. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; she is avoiding cuddles at the moment, I hope not because of another headache. She still sleeps under the covers with me so that might be enough cuddling for her. I hope they are all feeling better soon too.

      Delete
  8. That's good to have toys in the sandpit.
    Who will be the first person to ask what is a stobie pole.
    The parrots are great.
    It's nice to see all the photos your brother is sending. It must still be wet up north.
    Happy birthday to the girls. The boy twins in our family hit two tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; I thought leaving the toys was a good idea too, but now I'm hoping someone washes them now and again. So far no one ahs asked what is a stobie pole, perhaps they all know already. R says it has been dry up north, which sounds right, monsoon season comes a bit later in the year. Will you go to celebrate with the boy twins?

      Delete
  9. Nice walk and pictures. And Twins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne; thank you. The twins are two years old now.

      Delete
  10. I am very impressed that the toys are left in the sandpit for the next young visitors to use. That is a decent community effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hels; it is a decent idea but I hope they get washed now and again by someone.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. Dora; true, sometimes it is better on the second day.

      Delete
  12. I do like all your selections and I wish the twins many happy returns of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; thank you and I will tell the twins next time I see them. it won't be for a while, I will wait until the stomach bug is vanquished.

      Delete
  13. A delicious pizza,
    a beautiful walk
    and the twins writing!!
    Camellia is wonderful!
    Thanks for the beautiful content!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katerinas Blog; the twins aren't writing yet, what you see is what their mum wrote and drew, they are just doing scribbles at the moment, but will learn letters soon enough.

      Delete
  14. Lovely selection as always R.
    Can't believe the twins are two! how time flies.
    The crossing, wow, have seen plenty of water going over it and well up but never seen it flooded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; thank you. I wonder if my brother found another way or waited for the water to subside at that crossing.

      Delete
  15. That was a lovely virtual walk around your neighbourhood. Is the sand pit covered at all? I can imaging the local cats loving it as a super large litter tray.
    Lovely to see the twins enjoying their chalk board - brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jabblog; the sandpit isn't covered and I hadn't thought about cats going near it. I've never seen any and our laws state cats must be indoors or confined to their property anyway. The twins love the chalkboard.

      Delete
  16. Lola is cute, hair or no hair ...
    And awww, pizza! And the card, beautiful. A "please" is always welcomed - in my company, too...
    Sharing is great. Or being framed!
    I remember Kunnanurra very well. We were at a diner in this - back then - little place.
    An Aborigine-boy walked up to us, pointing at me: "you, girl!" and at Ingo, "you, boy!".
    Thank you, my smile is back so big as on that day!!
    Two years have passed already?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; yes two years already! Babies grow up so fast...
      The pizza was yummy. I remember your story of the Aborigine boy :)

      Delete
  17. I just love the diversity of your Sunday Selections :) Everything is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

Words for Wednesday