the babies are gone, never to return..
These two adorable newborns, weighing only 4 pounds and fitting between my hand and elbow easily, (truly, they were doll-sized), are now four years old and off to kindy!
where did those four years go?? they just flew away.
Matching unicorn backpacks, and shoes! They're not used to keeping shoes on all day. They love running around with bare feet.

It goes by too quickly.
ReplyDeleteRuby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; it certainly does.
DeleteThere is nothing as beautiful as newborn twins. They can grow up with their closest friend. And yours are so cute.
ReplyDeleteAll of my grandchildren are growing beautifully, tall and fit. Only one set of girl twins did not survive the very end of pregnancy and everyone was heartbroken.
hels; these two are so close, they held hands to sleep for their first six months and as toddlers would often take a pillow and climb into the bed where the other one was. I am very sorry to hear of the twins not surviving. 😢😢
DeleteOh my R, wherever did those 4 years go as you say. Gorgeous little ones and I do hope they enjoy their schooling over the years.
ReplyDeleteMargaret D; thank you, I also hope they enjoy their schooling, I know they like to learn so thats a good start.
DeleteAnd soon they turn 16, I tell you! They are lucky, they have one another. I remember how scared I was on my first day of kindy!
ReplyDeleteIris; I didn't go to Kindy, not everyone did back then, but I don't remember being scared on my first day. Please don't let "my" girls be 16 too soon! I am glad they have each other, that will be a big comfort to them.
DeleteYes, slow it down! Well, my Brother was not even born when I had to attend And you know me... supershy.
DeleteQue amor! Cresceram e o tempo voou! Parabéns! beijos,chica
ReplyDeleteChica; thank you, I love them just as much as I did then and always will, my grand daughters.
DeleteAdorable! I feel as if grandkids grow up faster than our children. Jordan, our grandie, being in university!
ReplyDeleteJenn Jilks; my older grandchildren are all adults aged 22-32 and there are great grandchildren now.
DeleteWhere did those four years go? I feel the same with our Phoebe. You just can't slow time down. I wish your lovely twin granddaughters all the very best as they step out into the world.
ReplyDeleteYorkshire Pudding; thank you, I also wish the very best for them and for your Phoebe too and all others who follow.
DeleteI share your surprise at the passing of the years so quickly. My daughters are now 45 and 40. How did that happen? My youngest grand is 4 1/2!
ReplyDeleteMarcia; my daughters are 49 and 53, these twins are the youngest of the 6 grandchildren, the others being adults and there are great grandchildren now too.
DeleteThey are so big and beautiful. Our little Annie is two today.
ReplyDeletemessymimi; Happy Birthday to Annie!! 🎂 and thank you re the twins.
DeleteFour years! How did that happen?
ReplyDeleteKathy G; how indeed, it seems time speeds up as we age.
DeleteIt's amazing how nice they have grown up, and they had such a bad start into life
ReplyDeleteIngrid; they didn't have a bad start, they were just born a few weeks early on purpose because one had stopped growing in the womb, but she made up for it quickly.
DeleteOh dear, I know the abrupt feeling of where did the time go! School and shoes all day marks the end and a beginning. Off they go into the world of influence and change and exciting learning!
ReplyDeleteLinda Sue; babyhood ends and then toddlers become schoolgirls in the blink of an eye it seems.
DeleteOh my gosh! How did this day come so soon? Such a milestone for them. I'm betting they will love school. Will they be in the same class? I remember when some schools separated twins so they could be their own person. I didn't like that idea.
ReplyDeleteVal; i'm not sure about school and separation, this is just kindergarten for now until they are five, then proper school starts. I think they might keep them in the same class then for the first year at least. I don't like the thought of them being separated.
DeleteGrowing like weeds.
ReplyDeleteDora; yes they are and so very ready to branch out and meet new kids at Kindy.
DeleteFour years! Really. It feels like last month. They look so sweet.
ReplyDeleteCharlotte; it does feel like last month. thank you.
DeleteNice. They have changed a lot since I last saw photos of them.
ReplyDeleteAndrew; thank you. I don't post photos as much as I used to now that they are older, also I don't take as many when I visit because we are too busy playing or colouring. That will change too now I guess, they will be "teaching me" what they learned.
Delete