bum, poo, bugger, shit, fart

The title today comes courtesy of Kath, from Blurb From The Burbs fame. Thanks, Kath. It's not quite what I said at the time, but it'll do.

Today, I stumbled over something that has been in the exact same place as originally put when I first moved in here.

Yep. I stumbled over something that's been there for seven years. For seven, almost eight, years, my feet have moved around this item of furniture without even once so much as stubbing a toe.

Now we all know what happens when we stumble, right?

That's right, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, dogs, cats and budgies. We fling out our arms in a desperate attempt to balance and/or stop ourselves from falling all the way down.

So I instinctively flung out both arms. Completely forgetting my injured shoulder.
Holy Cow!!! That baby hurt.
I spent the next few minutes clutching the shoulder, swearing and crying.

Well, it's a few hours later now, I've massaged analgesic cream into it, I've had a two hour nap and the shoulder isn't too bad.

I'm going to be a damn sight more careful from now on, that's for sure.

Comments

  1. OUCH!
    Hope you're not in too much agony today and you'd better shift the offending article before you do an encore performance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frack! (had to say that seeing as you've already used my very favourite Poo-bum-bugger-shit-fart). That reminds me of what it felt like to flick and break my toe on the edge of the bath...... I hope you feel better today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Only one fall, River? You've a long way to catch up with me, the clumsy that's made a over t into an art form.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jayne; ouch would be the understatement of the century. no chance at all of moving the offending article, it's my bed and weighs a ton.

    Kath; I do feel better, but the shoulder is aching almost at the level it was when I first stopped working. I'd been able to stop taking truckloads of panadol, but today I'm back on them.

    JahTeh; I've had other falls, I believe I mentioned a tumble or two in a previous post about shopping with my granny trolley. I'm usually really steady on my feet though.
    I probably just need to remember that I'm not as young anymore and should probably walk a little slower. Especially in rooms full of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jahteh I was going to say you've made falling over a 'lifestyle' but art form will do: Public Performance.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So true, Robbert, which is why I always wear my knickers when leaving the house.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs