Sunday Selections #809

 Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.


spotted this sign outside a building while waiting for a bus and wondered what "Sandfire" is, then forgot all about it until loading the image just now. 


a car being winched onto a truck and taken away, looks like a decent car, but what you see is the only bit left that isn't completely wrecked. I have no idea who, where, how, but I am glad to see it go, it sat there for quite a while.


the Indian Hawthorn bushes are blooming again here, this one is white while others are pink.


blossoms are everywhere right now in pinks and whites, causing me more than a little grief with headaches and coughing fits


I zoomed in hoping to catch some of the zillions of bees that were on this particular tree that day but they were zipping around really fast.


I looked up the name of these pretty bells,


and have since forgotten,


I know them as Snowdrops which is what my mother called them.


this is carved on a tree near my home and I always wonder who Lindsay is when I walk past it.


Government House in the city has window boxes with pretty flowers that I can't remember the name of.


morning sky sent by "no-one" a few weeks ago


same sky, same day, just a bit higher up showing the moon still "awake"


a few jigsaw puzzle pieces fit with Charlotte's colour of the month Vivid Tangerine


and I think these eggs yolks do too, notice the double yolker, the second one from this carton of a dozen free range eggs


This sign outside a foot doctor business made me laugh

here is the business, closed when I walked past and took the photos,


and now I remember the word Podiatry. 

I was careful to type all of this in the same size font, as I do every week, so if it shows up in two different sizes again I will know it is not my fault.



Comments

  1. It's alwauys funny to be reminded just how big this world is. Your Sunday selections, showing me spring flowers, reaches me as I sit looking out on a dreary autumn evening, slowly starting to think of wkat to cook for dinner.
    I know the names of those flowres, all of them, in Danish. But I'm too lazy to look them up. I know those aren't snowdrops, but closely related, and just as pretty.

    Thanks for using my colour. Those yolks really are ornage ... all that grass ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. Sorry for typos, late sunligth, clumsy fingers and bad vision is not a good combo.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

dented or otherwise damaged cans, what do you do?

Sunday Selections # 790

Welcome to 2026