Words for Wednesday
The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.
The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.
If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.
This month the words/prompts are supplied by me, River, and can be found right here
This week's words/prompts are:
1.bowed 2.snoring 3.barefoot 4.tears 5.memory 6.swamped
and/or:
1.taped 2.cream 3.moonlit 4.beach 5.soft 6. salty
use either list or both, or mix and match, just have fun.
My own story will hopefully appear on this blog on Friday 4th
Muito boas as palavras!
ReplyDeleteJá fiz a minha, amanhã levo o link!
beijos, chica, feliz setembro!
chica; thank you. I will come and read tomorrow.
DeleteI’m working on it, and I’m sorry I’ve been so far behind in reading blogs!
ReplyDeletemessymimi; no need to apologise, you have been super busy and I hope there are people like you to help when you have the need.
DeleteRobin Hood's bow was bowed but he was snoring under the mighty oak tree. Maid Marian approached barefoot with tears in her eyes for she had just recalled a vivid memory of the tragic day when her home village, Edwinstowe, was swamped when The River Maun burst its banks. She pressed "play" on her portable tape recorder and the music she had taped specially for her darling Robin wafted around the clearing. The first song was by a band called Cream about a love tryst on a moonlit beach where the sand was soft and the ocean was salty. Robin stirred from his slumber and said, "For Christ's sake Marian! Don't you know what time it is?"
ReplyDeleteYorkshire Pudding; thank you, this is a great use of the words.
DeleteVery good!
DeleteThis will prove to be an interesting one.
ReplyDeleteRuby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; confession time, for this one I wrote a story first, then took some words to list. it will be here on Friday.
DeleteThe barefoot- days are definitive but a memory now, I could share tears over this so-called "summer". I´m wearing a corset now to not run around bowed.
ReplyDeleteMy friend gave me a tip against snoring - off to the city tomorrow. We are luckily far away from being swamped, but we could need some rain!
That´s all from me - as usual I´m looking forward to yours!
Iris; this is a good one, I remember barefoot days, but never where I live now, too many ants outside and possum poo everywhere. Too bad about the corset, I hope you soon don't need it.
DeleteNo, just inside, we have real wooden floor, that feels so good!
DeleteLas mias ya están publicadas. Besitos desde España bitácora literaria
ReplyDeleteNuria de Espinosa; I will read yours after I get home again. I am visiting grandchildren today.
DeleteI LOVE words for Wednesday. I never became a regular, but I always want to participate. Haha!
ReplyDeleteCrystal Collier; you don't need to be a regular to participate. Just write anytime you feel you can.
DeleteJust to let you know that my fight with Google/Blogger is over and I won ! Was about time, they became so difficult !
ReplyDeleteIngrid; I am so glad to hear this 😁
DeleteI am back ! It was really complicated to get my Dashboard back ! Google had changed so much and since it owns Blogger even more. Nobody could help me because nobody knew what a blog is and then they all speak French and don't understand such a technical English. And all that because of an update which should make things easier !!
ReplyDeleteIngrid; this is why I dislike upgrades, they don't always make things easier or quicker and I don't know why they need to do it so often.
DeleteI wrote a terrible poem from your words. I shouldn't write poetry in the morning. Rarely is it uplifting, especially when insomnia makes that earlier than usual!
ReplyDeletejeanie; I will read your entry later today, I'm off to visit grandchildren in a few minutes.
DeleteFun trying to think about these words in poetry. Thanks for the prompts.
ReplyDeleteNasreen; welcome to drifting. You don't have to make a poem, it could be a short story instead.
DeleteDidn't show on my feed again this week....so went hunting for your post. Have fun R with your story.
ReplyDeleteNOTÍCIA D'ÚLTIMA HORA
ReplyDeleteAntiga estació de tren del poble on es produïren els fets durant la matinada
La policia investiga les circumstàncies d'una aparició sense explicació.
Un jove va ser localitzat descalç ahir de matinada a l'antiga estació de tren d'un petit poble de Mallorca. L'edifici estava inundat de foscor, només quedava il·luminat per la lluna. Un vigilant, que dormia roncant en una sala propera, va sentir uns passos suaus i va sortir a investigar.
El jove sostenia una carta enganxada a les mans. Sense dir res, va inclinar el cap i va assenyalar una porta de color mandarina. A terra, unes llàgrimes brillaven sobre la pols com petites estrelles...
Segons els agents, el noi afirmava que l'estació formava part de la seva memòria i que l'aire salat li recordava una platja llunyana.
A l'altra banda de la porta, un vell vagó cremava lentament.
Quan els policies hi entraren, no hi trobaren ningú. Només un bitllet amb destinació a Tòquio, expedit aquella mateixa nit...
Aquí vos deixo el meu.
Moltes gràcies!