Words for Wednesday

 The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by ME and can be found here

This week's words/prompts are:

1.pudding  2.letters  3.calculations  4.laundry  5.candlesticks  6.system

My own story will hopefully appear on this blog on Friday 25th


Comments

  1. I am Yorkshire Pudding and I have got a string of letters after my name. However, I was never much good at mathematical calculations nor at operating washing machines in my grandmother's laundry. There were two brass candlesticks in the front window and Granny ran that business like a military system. That may be why I never really fitted in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yorkshire Pudding; excellent effort! I like it, thank you.

      Delete
  2. Adorei as palavras e amanhã levarei o link pro lugar!
    beijos, tudo de bom,chica

    https://chicaparticipa.blogspot.com/2026/09/palavras-de-quartas_01288870843.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yorkshire Pudding's version with the string of letters after his name but no talent for calculations or the laundry system is a fun, self-deprecating take on the words. And thanks for your comment about the flickering widget too — that technical issue is now fixed on my end!
    https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana; thank you for fixing the widget. I'll drop in again tomorrow.

      Delete
  4. At the hospital we never got pudding, but refreshing yogurt or jelly dessert.
    Despite I´m not into sweets much their calculations were right - I happily gobbled away.
    But with all candlesticks in the world I failed to read the doctor´d letters - I had to wait for the typed version.
    Now I wonder if that system works or if the secretary only assumed what the doctor wrote!
    Home, second thing: laundry. The same old same...

    Looking forward to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; I like puddings, yoghurts and jellies and though you don't have a sweet tooth I am glad you enjoyed yours, sometimes a sugary "hit" is just what we need.

      Delete
    2. Yes, refreshing it was. I now added Greek yoghurt to my diet!

      Delete
    3. We have all been in that place. I begged for cheesecake, but there was none.

      Delete
  5. Good tales so far R. Look forward to yours on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; I have just finished writing it and will get it posted.

      Delete
  6. Hmmm - food for thought - will see if anything churns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jeanie; I will check later and see if anything popped out for you.

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; I haven't read any Dickens ever so don't know much about his writing or the words he used.

      Delete
  8. Aquí vos deixo el meu:
    https://elraconetdesalluna.blogspot.com/2026/09/la-carta-estranya.html
    Moltes gràcies!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Selections # 790

Sunday Selections #791

Welcome to 2026