Words for Wednesday

 The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by ME and can be found here

This week's words/prompts are:

1.mosey  2.quicksand  3.ashes  4.wire  5.wild  6.twisted

and/or:

1. clowning  2.spilled  3.villa  4.reliable  5.trusted  6.mountain

use either list or both, or mix and match, just have fun.

My own story will hopefully appear on this blog on Friday October 2nd


Comments

  1. Never mosey around near quicksand! It's dangerous and you could end up as a jar filled with ashes if your body is recoverable. Once, by The Bristol Channel, when I was still just drifting through life, I walked past the well-known quicksand near Westward Ho! Rusty wire surrounded it - all wild and twisted. Some kids were clowning around on the edge when one of them spilled a bucket of popcorn. He was staying with his parents at a coastal villa. Later they said he had been a reliable lad who could be trusted but his life was cut short that day. Two weeks later his remains were scattered on England's tallest mountain - Scafell Pike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weee, great use of the words but, ow, such a sad ending...

      Delete
    2. It’s a sad story and a good warning.

      Delete
    3. Yorkshire Pudding; a great story with a cautionary warning and a sad ending. Well done.

      Delete
  2. My pity try (true story).
    I was 1st grade and we all had to go deep into the woods and walk around the "Silver hollow". Where once stood a castle (or maybe just a villa, the infos are not reliable...) - there is now quicksand. Why? The father stole from the poor to live a rich man´s life and he, his men and his good-hearted daughter, Jutta, with all belongings twisted down under the sand.
    There was no wire around it - first graders!!! Of course some pupils were clowning around, some by accident spilled their drinks. An adventure to wild for me - I didn´t want to turn into ashes, ,just make it safely home (as you see, I managed).

    Looking forward to yours, River!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good effort Iris! These words were dastardly. Who the hell chose them?

      Delete
    2. I can see, back in the day, a school taking such a field trip. Not any longer. It sounds like a dangerous place.

      Delete
    3. Iris; that would be a scary outing for sure for first graders. These days field trips are much better researched.
      Y.P. I chose those words, have no idea what I was thinking at the time.
      messymimi; it does sound far too dangerous for little kids to visit.

      Delete
    4. On the other hand... It made such a deep impression, I still remember it as if I was there! (brrrr, shudder).
      And then... look at our knees and elbows from stretching from bikes and skates straight onto the asphalt - we´re still alive and kicking :-)
      Kids these days... Head, elbows, knees... all wrapped up and Mum or Dad right by their side... both not good?

      Delete
    5. Iris; too many kids these days are kept inside and over protected, but some are not.

      Delete
  3. Gostei muito das palavras e já preparei a minha; Amanhã levo o link ´para o lugar!
    beijos, chica
    https://chicaparticipa.blogspot.com/2026/09/palavras-de-quartas_0543181282.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. messymimi; I look forward to reading what you do with these words.

      Delete
  5. Looks forward to your story, R. Can't believe it's Wednesday again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; me neither, didn't we have Wednesday just yesterday?

      Delete
  6. Quicksand and ashes in one list is a tough combination, so I'll stick to enjoying everyone else's stories. The second list with villa and mountain made me think of Sicily right away. Looking forward to yours on Friday, River.
    https://canalsandcitrus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sunday Selections # 790

Sunday Selections #791

Welcome to 2026