- Shields shook his head as if testing its connection to the rest of his body.
- It was the kind of neighbourhood where middle class meant floorboards in the houses.
- The puny plastic box crackled with static.
- He looked crooked, like a piece of fruit that had been sliced and then put back together with less than full precision.
- The sky was as cold and hard as a gun. Minutes after I hit the blacktop the gun proved to be loaded; it fired a blast of thunder and the water started coming down.
- Grandma was waiting for me as I stepped into the waiting room, with a sheaf of stapled booklets and two sharpened number two pencils.
- He shook his head and buried his face in a plate of steamed mussels.
- The green apple pie came. I noticed that the filling was indeed green, a bright, almost luminescent green. Someone in the kitchen was fooling around with food dyes.
- She faced me, nostrils flaring, eyes floating like black lilies in a salty pond, lips quivering like harp-strings.
- For answer, he turned tail and bolted.
- Except now her cottage had decided to interfere.
- He had a capacity to withdraw behind his face as if he pulled down an inner shutter of skin from forehead to chin.
- The door had been superbly sealed
- Her story was as well rehearsed as a ballet.
- I really do look for that special spot, the place of power, before I sit down to eat my sandwiches.
- They never thought about why they were here, they had no appreciation of the finer things the human mind was capable of.
Killer Thrillers (HEEhee!)
23 minutes ago