the Jamaicans have got their reggae music playing

(Saturday 5th November)

Across the driveway from my block of flats is another block of flats, one of many.
Many, many, many......

Up on the top floor, the end flat has Jamaicans living in it.

I'm not positive they're Jamaican, but they are very dark and there's a tiny flag hanging off the balcony next to a tiny Australian flag.

I'll have to google flags of the world to find out for sure.

What I do know, is they're a happy bunch, some of them are studying I think, one young girl often carrying books on and off the bus.

On days like today, warm and sunny, they open up the balcony door as soon as the sun goes over far enough to make it shady out on it, people come and go, there is laughter and conversation, and music.

Reggae music, which I quite like.
I open my front door to hear it better.

They turn it up fairly loud, but not overly so, it makes for a very relaxing day, laying on the couch reading and listening to whoever it is singing. 
A day when I don't need the TV on to hear something besides my own breathing.

Sometimes there is the smell of cooking too............not sure what, but my nose says delicious!

Okay, now I'm sure they're Jamaican, I went outside and asked.

Comments

  1. Now ask if you can join the party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely. And perhaps they will share the recipe for whatever smelt so good.
    And I am still smiling at Andrew's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Next thing we know you'll be sharing a joint with 'em as Jamacians, reggae music and a joint go hand in hand :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. River, I love reading your blog even though I don't usually leave messages. This one is a great example - it gives a fuzzy warm feeling. Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know because you went outside and asked! I love it!! I hope you make some new friends and enjoy yourself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo, you go find out what they were cooking, as you compliment them on their music ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for you, River - what they need is a top Aussie sheila to get to know - swap them some of your cooking triumphs for some of theirs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delores; I'm not a party person. I'll just enjoy the music from afar.

    Andrew; maybe I should get the dreadlocks and the colourful hat?

    EC; next time I smell something wonderful I'll check and see if there's anyone on the balcony.

    Windsmoke; no joints. Absolutely never.

    drb; this is the place for warm fuzzies!

    Happy Elf Mom; they're really not in my age group and don't speak English all that well.

    Jayne; I'll wait until I smell something irresistable.

    Kath Lockett; you've been my inspiration here. I never would have gone outside if I hadn't thought of you knocking on doors in Flemington.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs