Psittacosis - a quick update

After work today I toddled off to the Medical Clinic to get the results of my blood test.
The waiting line to get booked in was a dozen people long and I was there almost a half an hour before I made it to the desk.  Then it was only a few minutes before I saw my doctor.

Good news!!
I do not have the psittacosis, aka chlamidiosis.

Apparently I just have that viral cough that's been going around and it will eventually clear up on its own.

Eventually.

There's a long-ranging word for you.

Then he told me that my cholesterol was high.
I'm not too concerned because I hadn't fasted before the blood test and you don't get a true reading unless you've fasted.

I will cut back on the icecream though, because I have been pigging out a bit there.
Damn! I finally find a brand that doesn't upset my ............never mind, I'll cut back.

Comments

  1. Cut back on anything that contains or is labelled 'Vegetable oil'. Your body converts that straight into cholesterol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you don't have to worry about any nasty bird diseases. Look after your cough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. drb; I'm aware of the vegetable oil thing, anything labelled with that is usually palm oil based, very high in cholesterol. I avoid it as much as I can. My high reading is probably because of the icecream, also because I much prefer butter over margarine and of course I eat way too much chocolate. That's an easy one to give up.

    Sarah; the cough is already very much improved, rarely coughing up a lung these days, more an irritating dry cough at inopportune moments, like when trying to talk to someone....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to know you're not going to sprout feathers and take wing any day soon. Take care of yourself, that cough can be hard to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A viral cough sounds less dramatic but I know how debilitating, exhausting and depressing it can be, so take care of yourself.

    And yes, 'eventually' isn't much of a comfort, is it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eventually is a real doctor word. I hope yours is a short eventually. Glad that you won't become a parrot too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been there and done that with the high cholestrol bit and found that i've had to stay away from food high in animal fat which is the same as saturated fat which means no ice cream, full cream milk or cheese :-).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delores; I'm glad I'm not going to sprout feathers too. It would look a bit odd at the checkout.

    Kath Lockett; eventually is not my favourite word, that's for sure.

    EC; A short eventually would be great, but I've had this long enough already as far as I'm concerned.

    Windsmoke; I'm going to miss the icecream...

    Jayne; agreed.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to get my cholesterol re checked next week and if the results haven't improved hugely Im back on the meds again. Ugh. Glad you haven't got anything too serious xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs