songs about sunshine

We all know a song or two about sunshine, I'm sure.

Just off the top of my head I remember

  • Here Comes The Sun
  • Let The Sunshine In
  • Sunshine on My Shoulder    
I'm  not completely sure if those first two are titles, or just lines from the songs....
anyway, here are a few sunshiny pictures for you.



Late afternoon sun coming in through the front door at my old home.


Early morning sun through the kitchen curtain at my old home.


Early morning sun through the back porch gate at my new home.


Afternoon sun through the screened end of the porch.

I quite like sunshine, but I don't like the heat and the glare that comes with it.

Comments

  1. On this drab and rainy day I would take your sunshine, glare, heat and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. With you on the heat and glare front.

    Here today we have greyness and either mist or rain. The garden and I are happy. The cats? Not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. See "Sunshine through my window" song by Gabrielle. Perfect for this post!d

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely set of pics for sunshiney sun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's amazing how sunshine helps to life our spirits in image and in song.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the porch and hope that it doesn't get too hot in summer.

    Our lounge and kitchen windows face the setting sun and even now in autumn I have to pull the blinds down for an hour or so because it overheats our apartment. At the height of summer we cooked!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delores; feel free to gaze at these images as long and often as you like.

    EC; nice to know I'm not the only one who suffers in heat or glare.

    Sarah; thank you! I love that song.

    Joni Llanora; I'll have to youtube it, it does sound appropriate.

    Jayne; thanks, I love the lights and shadows of sunlight coming in.

    Elisabeth; yes, it does.

    Kath Lockett; the porch faces south and is shaded by the balcony above and the building behind. It should be dim and cool all summer. The front of the flat faces north and has no shelter.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. 'I'm walking on Sunshine' is one of my favourite 'happy' songs!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs