Sunday Selections # 801

 Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.


this is Adelaide and some of its suburbs, the yellow bit in the middle is the CBD aka central business district, "the city"

Here you see it spread out along the coast of Gulf St Vincent, the white areas are settled suburbs that all come under the "Adelaide" blanket.

The accessible beaches begin way up there at number 79, Osborne, Taperoo and Largs North beaches.  Squares numbered 67, 68, 69, are North Haven and Outer Harbor, these are where the big ships come in and dock.


moving south, we have Largs Bay, which is just off the top of the map, sorry, then Semaphore, Semaphore South, Semaphore Park beaches, also West Lakes Shore, Tennyson ( a very expensive suburb), Grange, Henley Beach, Henley Beach South, West Beach, Glenelg North, Glenelg, Glenelg South, Somerton Park, North Brighton, Hove, Brighton, South Brighton, Seacliff, Kingston Park, Marino, Hallet Cove, Lonsdale, O'Sullivan Beach, Christies Beach, Port Noarlunga, Port Noarlunga South, Seaford, Moana, Maslin Beach (the nudie beach), Port Willunga, Aldinga Beach, Sellicks Beach. 
And here are the rest of the maps in case you want to enlarge them and spot all those beaches. 



we have a lot of beaches don't we with each suburb having its own, and walking from one to another is easy, just remember the sunscreen. And a hat. Sunglasses are a good idea too. 


You can see that Adelaide is spread further in length than in width, so access to a beach is relatively easy for even the most eastern suburbs, it just means a slightly longer drive. 


In the city, I walk past this house quite often and always think of New Orleans when I see it. I have never been to NO and never will, but I see it in movies and TV series and the balconies are similar.


Someone (possibly the homeless tent people in the parklands?)  has put an overflowing "home" bin next to one of the city council bins near a bus stop I frequently use and the birds and/or possums have made quite a mess.


this is one of my favourite sandwiches, shredded (pulled) and chopped pot-roasted beef, the yellow stuff?


Spring Gully brand Sweet Mustard Pickles. The photo is not a good one it has that dividing line just up from the centre and I don't know why this keeps happening. The photos look fine on the phone, this happens during the downloading to the laptop.


Saw this disappointing sign on the day I went to Woolworths specifically for a pre-cooked chook. I had to buy a raw one and roast it myself. I was using the oven anyway for roasting veggies...


On the way home with my raw chicken, I spotted the first Jonquils of the season, with many other gardens already having many green spears above ground but no blooms yet.


and of course it is Oleander seeding time, every little fluffy  seed is being blown all over and causing me much distress hayfever-wise. This particular gigantic shrub is almost at my front door, just a short walk down my path, about twelve steps between me and it.


In the back "yard" the washing lines (clotheslines) are being taken over by ivy reaching across the fence again. I used to go out there and cut it all back, but no one else helps and it hurts me now to stretch grab cut and then rake it all up and bin it. no one uses the lines much anyway because the rubbish bins are out there and they are filthy and smelly. I keep "my" bin inside my back porch so people can't put their rubbish into it and I keep it washed and clean.


left-over honey-soy-garlic chicken being stir-fried with onions, cabbage and carrot,


pre-cooked Jasmine rice waiting to be tossed in.


finishing with another one of my favourite trees, with all the twisty limbs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Words for Wednesday

Sunday Selections #754

Sunday Selections #791