Words for Wednesday
The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.
The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.
If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.
This month the words/prompts are supplied by Charlotte and can be found here.
This week's words/prompts are:
1.cold 2.door 3.fire engine 4.tree 5.jacket 6.sign
and/or:
1.candle 2.cup 3.egg 4.roses 5.window 6. hazy
use either list or both, or mix and match, just have fun.
Charlotte's colour of the month is Jade Green as seen above the text here.
My own story will hopefully appear on this blog on Friday

Muito boas as palavras e mais tarde trago minha participação!
ReplyDeletebeijos, chica
chica; I hope I am able to read it later, we have a fierce thunderstorm here right now and maybe the power will go out.
Deletemessymimi; most important, do what is needed there first, there's no hurry to participate here.
ReplyDeleteIngo came running into the living room this night, ""It´s raining, open the door!!!" - Did, but the cold... only 23C now outside and I had no jacket on... nah.. But it was a sign for the little Christmas tree W helped rescuing - I put it outside. - maybe it will be Jade Green again...
ReplyDeleteI didn´t open the window yet again, and the candle´d burned down. My mini-roses so far made it. I could not sleep, it´s in the middle of the night, already July. Will it be hazy with the sun coming up? I´ll go to bed now - true (1:55 a.m). Ack! Maybe I ask Ingo to bring an egg for brekkie and we have a cup of... tea/coffee in a couple of hours...
Looking forward to your story! I hate waking up and being like weeee....when it´s in the middle of the night!
Iris; you had rain! I am sure the little Christmas tree enjoyed it. We have rain here today, last night the weather girl said heavy rain and thunder which means no going to the shop for me today! But I have everything I need so that's okay. It was still dry when I got up at 7.30 but bucketing down by the time I was dressed.
DeleteI don't have a clue yet what to write this week, I would like to continue from last week, but not sure the words can fit.
It cooled down here :-( Cloudy but no rain no more.
DeleteHmmmm, hope you come up with a story!
I enjoyed this slice of time. Thanks!
DeleteIris Flavia: The weather is so hard to predict these days. Good use of the prompts.
DeleteHave a lovely day.
It was cold so I went to shut the door when in my front yard I saw a fire engine and three firemen putting out a brush fire caused by a bird smoking in its nest and since it was on my property I went outside to see if there were papers to be signed
ReplyDeleteRuby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; I like this, short and sweet, thank you for playing.
DeleteI love this prompt!
ReplyDeleteHe hid behind the cold door as the fire engine screeched by, throwing his jacket on the tree rack and taking its landing as a sign that it was going to be a good day.
Crystal Collier; welcome back and thank you for playing. Good story too.
DeleteLots of fun writing. snapshots of events.
DeleteCrystal Collier: Why did he hid behind the door? Fear of fire engines? Good use of the prompts to make us wonder.
DeleteHave a lovely day.
Good words and I'm having a go though it be short.
ReplyDeleteIt was dusk as I lit the candle and held a cup of tea looking out the window at the roses. The roses needed watering after such a warm hazy day.
Margaret D; I missed this yesterday, very nicely done 😀
DeleteThanks.
DeleteMy take on the prompts: Fiction: A strawberry moon, a fire and a cat.
ReplyDeleteHave a lovely day.
lissa; I read yours yesterday and like it.
DeleteAnd a very pretty green it is.
ReplyDeleteThe Happy Whisk; like fresh spring grass.
Delete