Sunday Selections #808

 Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us.

In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look.

Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally.


Just a few of the mourning doves that sit on the power lines

a clearer image, they sit and wait for my upstairs neighbour to throw down a handful of oats. At last count there were over four dozen (and one small sparrow) all pecking around on the grass out there. 

I walked around the driveway to visit a different neighbour and saw this young kookaburra on the railing of her neighbour,

at first I thought it was a fake bird, but then it looked at me so I took these photos and raced home for the camera. I also took a video of the same bird digging in the mulch and snagging a grub but it's apparently too long and won't play on my laptop and I can't upload it to youtube, though I will keep trying.

my current favourite fruit Kiwi Gold, regular Kiwi has green flesh, the gold has yellow and tastes better to me.

two of the handwoven teatowels I bought from Joanne (Cup on the Bus) years ago, the upper one is a teal/green though it looks blue/grey here

she began weaving these while I was still in my previous home and the first few in that blue you see here were sent free to those of us who wanted them, and as she wove more and in more colours she began to sell them to any who wanted them as well as at market stalls and craft fairs. Sadly Joanne has now passed, but her towels will keep her memory alive.


this photo, taken August 29th might interest some of you. It seems we have The World's Best Gin right here in Adelaide.

Uh-Oh, someone got careless, the "keep left" sign is flattened on the main road that fronts the complex I live in

and so are the pedestrian crossing barriers where I cross to the bus stop.

It must have been a really heavy vehicle going at considerable speed to mount the concrete island but I don't know when apart from a day in the last week of August and I didn't hear any crash noises or emergency sirens.

I found this jigsaw at the local Salvos op-shop (thrift store) and thought I coud lay it out on the big chest of drawers in my bedroom, but wouldn't you know it, the chest is too narrow by one inch. It is 19 inches deep and the jigsaw measures 20 inches by 27 inches which means I will have to do it on my table and that size is a full half of my one and only table.

Arriving home from the op-shop, I found three Redheads clustered around Gillian who seems to have fainted,

after breathing in too much of my sweet vanilla scented candle.









Comments

  1. Thank goodness it was "only" a faint! At first glance, I thought they were wrestling due to a disagreement. I like that puzzle, even if you have to give up half your table for a while. Be careful walking along that road, in case the reckless driver returns!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

dented or otherwise damaged cans, what do you do?

Sunday Selections # 790

Welcome to 2026