Welcome back to Sunday Selections!
This once-a- week-meme was originally begun by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, as a way to showcase some of the many photos we all take, but don't get around to showing on our blogs.
Frog Ponds Rock is rather neglected of late, with Kim writing quite a bit over at The Shake.
The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to me, River, somewhere in your post
3. leave me a comment so that I know you've joined in and can come over and see what you've posted.
4. hop on over to The Elephant’s Child to see more of her wonderful photos.
Kath and Andrew often join in as well, although Kath has been quite busy lately and unable to join us.
The below ground section is a huge aquarium with a tunnel for people to walk through with fish of several kinds swimming around and overhead and it is all mostly blue.
So most of my photos look blue.
This area is called the Shipwreck Coast and features lots of limestone reefs for the fish to swim through and around.
From here I went back upstairs to see some of the other areas, such as the Far North Coast, described as one of the world's most remote regions and features baby saltwater crocodiles and colourful coral reef fish.
I moved on to what is known as the Danger Zone...
and saw Lion fish
And other things, but those photos are for another time.
The Great Southern Coast area had...
while the Perth Coast had
Taking photos here is quite difficult,
1. since the fish move fairly quickly
2. every time you get an area in focus a child climbs up and glues him/herself to the glass spoiling your view.
I didn't really mind, the kids all had a great time seeing so many exciting things. Just as I did.