Sunday Selections # 790
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Starting this week with a "wish" who remembers cupping one of these in the palm of your hand, making a wish and then blowing it away? If it flew up and away your wish was supposed to come true. I dug around in the pot where I had planted pieces of a sprouting potato and came up with these tiny morsels, the coffee mug is for size reference. Did I already show this recently? I bought a couple of "Heirloom" tomatoes fo...
Yes, I have wondered. Then I saw a documentary on how slave labor and digging deep into the earth.
ReplyDeleteFortunately, diamonds are not one of my favourites in the gemnological world, so the expense doesn't matter.
ReplyDeleteThey are a little like mushrooms aren't they....grown in the dark.
ReplyDeleteI don't know but I'm with Marilyn, "Diamonds are a girl's best friend." Square cut or pear shaped, these rocks don't lose their shape..... diamonds are a girl's best friend.
ReplyDeleteha ha, this wasn't supposed to go up, I don't know how it happened...I have a draft in the works...
ReplyDeleteSusan Kane; my coming article has nothing to do with slave labour, although I'm sure that still goes on. And shouldn't.
Elephant's Child; I like them, but don't buy them. I have only one tiny diamond gifted to me by my mother for my 40th birthday. I almost need a microscope to see it.
Delores; way down in the deepest dark.
Manzanita; I like the baguette shape best and I don't believe diamonds are a girl's best friend. SUNSCREEN is a girl's best friend. diamonds are second best.
I do like diamonds but of a simple cut...just wish I had more of them.
ReplyDeleteMimsie; I'd like a few more too, but I'll probably never buy any, I just don't wear jewellery apart from my watch and the sleepers in my ears. I do have seasonal things, like all the brooches and earrings I wear at Christmas, but none of it is "real". What I'd really like is the money to be able to afford diamonds.
ReplyDelete