Wednesday's Words on a Friday

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write, a story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.
If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along and read it.


This month the words are supplied by Elephant's Child and can be found here.


This week's words are:


1. invincible
2. wander
3. goofy
4. supreme
5. purring
6. pretend

and/or:

1. linen
2. kick
3. puny
4. immense
5. zoom
6. sound

Here is my story:

"I am the supreme being," Sean announced to the purring pile of fur that was Jessy. And you are my puny sidekick. I am invincible, my power is immense. We shall wander the world and pretend to be normal. When we find trouble, we shall zoom in and fix it. The bad will be vanquished and the good will prevail."

His parents watched as Sean zoomed around the small yard, feather duster sword held aloft and soup pot lid as a shield against his thin little chest.

"He looks a little goofy with his saucepan helmet," said Ben. "And isn't that your best linen tablecloth he's using as a cape?"

"Yes it is," said Jenny. "But it will wash. Let's not spoil his fun, he gets so little of it these days with all the tests and treatments."
The sound of the telephone intruded and Ben answered.

"It's good news Jen," he said, hugging her close. "Doc Williams says the tumor is definitely shrinking this time and if it continues, he can operate by Easter."

Comments

  1. Wow River, What a mix of emotions you have tied into this one. You made Sean such a loveable character and now I worry for a successful operation before Easter comes. Well done my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jimmy; thank you. I just wrote what spilled out.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I already care about that little guy so much. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. only slightly confused; isn't it surprising how quickly we can get caught up in a story?

      Delete
  3. Please have that little sweetheart get well!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was quite a ride. Let's make that imaginative child have a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; a bit like a roller coaster? kiddie version. The ending will be happy.

      Delete
  5. You've made me tear up, River. The power of words!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jenny_o; I hope you had a box of tissues handy.

      Delete
  6. A lovely little tale, River...the words were used well. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've created a lovable little boy. I'm glad to hear you're giving him a happy ending.

    Great job with the words! Have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a relief! I'm glad the prognosis is positive. You have a talent for drawing us in to care about your characters. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; I think that's because I care about my characters :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs