Words for Wednesday
The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.
The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.
If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.
This month the words/prompts are supplied by Charlotte and can be found here.
This week's words/prompts are:
1.spice 2.think 3.scissors 4.glue 5.numbers 6.glum
and/or:
1.patch 2.banana 3.evening 4.lamp 5.shady 6.golden
use either list or both, or mix and match, just have fun.
Charlotte's colour of the month is Jade Green as seen above the text here.
My own story will hopefully appear on this blog on Friday 24th

Adorei as palavras!
ReplyDeleteJá fiz a minha participação: Aqui está:
https://chicaparticipa.blogspot.com/2026/07/palavras-de-quartas_0343918058.html
beijos, chica
chica; I will come and read as soon as I can.
DeleteI'm getting to it.
ReplyDeletemessymimi; I look forward to your story.
DeleteI am sure you will do a great job
ReplyDeleteRuby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; I hope so, thank you for the faith in me.
DeleteLooking forward to your words on Friday R,
ReplyDeleteMargaret D; thank you
DeleteImpulsive I can only come up with this:
ReplyDeleteI sure do love the series Golden Girls and laughed my head off when in Toy story they referred to it pointing to Shady Pines - I think that is the spice and glue of life - connecting old and new and everything is a happy Jade Green!
It helps against glum evenings, too...
And I hope for a much better story on Friday!
Iris; I like your story, but haven't thought of one for myself yet.
DeleteThank you and no pressure but you can do much better than me! (though I really was so happy when at Toy Story they referred to the Golden Girls!).
DeleteAquí vos deixo el meu:
ReplyDeleteUn detectiu ha estat avisat després que un alumne descobrís un estrany missatge mentre feia un treball sobre una nova espècia picant. Segons li han explicat, el jove s'havia aturat a pensar com acabar la cartolina quan, en fer servir les tisores i la cola, va trobar un petit pegat amagat sota una fotografia. Al costat hi havia uns números escrits a mà que ningú no sabia interpretar. Tot i estar una mica trist perquè el treball havia quedat interromput, l'alumne va acompanyar el detectiu fins al pati, després d'haver-se menjat un plàtan... —Era més important no deixar l'esmorzar a mitges!— va pensar, mentre el mirava de reüll...
La investigació es va allargar fins al vespre. Amb la llum d'una làmpada, el detectiu va observar que l'ombra d'un arbre assenyalava un punt de la gespa verda, il·luminada pels últims reflexos daurats del sol. De moment, la policia no ha volgut revelar què hi van trobar.
Moltes gràcies!
Paula; thank you, this is interesting and now I am curious about what they found.
Deleteno se si m'he equivocat amb l'enllaç, aquest espero que sigui el correcte
ReplyDeletehttps://elpesdelaparaula.blogspot.com/2026/07/abatut-per-labsencia-de-numeros_0210150451.html