Words for Wednesday

 


The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by Charlotte and can be found here.

This week's words/prompts are:

1.peach  2.granola bowl  3.idea  4.wood  5.sad

and/or:

1.turn  2.scarecrow  3.flowers  4.cauldron  5.hot  bubble

use either list or both, or mix and match, just have fun.

Charlotte's colour of the month is Jade Green as seen above the text here.

My own story will hopefully appear on this blog on Friday 10th


Comments

  1. I like these words. Looking forward to reading your story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DVArtist; I like them too, but how to use them? That will take some thinking.

      Delete
  2. Gostei muito das palavras e já fiz a minha:
    https://chicaparticipa.blogspot.com/2026/07/palavras-de-quartas_01545441721.html


    beijos, boa noite, chuica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chica; I will come over and read right away.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. messymimi; I will have to work on it too, not a single idea has crossed my mind.

      Delete
  4. I found a peach at the bottom of the granola bowl, but I had no idea it was made of wood, and that made me sad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; that would make me sad too, I like peaches. Nicely done.

      Delete
  5. Good words, but no time to make a small reading, R.

    ReplyDelete
  6. One hot bubble after the other kept coming from the cauldron - the scarecrow took another turn to see what´s really in there. What is that jade green stuff?!
    Is it for the flowers that refuse to pop up???

    Really.... Spring was too cold. Then heat wave, now 17C - my flowers don´t bloom! "Drama"... Next year I get some from the nursery.
    I know your use of the words will be 100% better and I´m looking forward to read them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; I like your little story, it's fun. Hopefully next year your weather will be better for growing things.

      Delete
    2. I´ll buy from the nursery. No more "adventures"...

      Delete
  7. Aquí teniu el meu:
    Al mig del no-res hi havia una casa de fusta i pedra envoltada de flors. Feia anys que ningú no hi vivia, des que l'àvia Mercè havia mort. Tot havia quedat exactament igual, el vell calder penjat a la cuina, els plats al prestatge i el jardí que ella havia cuidat amb tanta estima.
    Un matí de primavera, el seu nét Enric hi va tornar. Va esmorzar en silenci un bol de granola amb un préssec, tal com feia quan era petit i passava els estius amb ella. Aquell gust li va despertar records que creia oblidats. Va sortir al jardí i l'herba havia crescut molt... però encara hi havia l'antic espantaocells... El temps l'havia desgastat i el seu barret gairebé no s'aguantava. L'Enric va somriure en recordar que l'havien construït junts i va tenir la idea de restaurar-lo. Mentre li cordava la camisa, el vent va fer un suau gir i les flors es van balancejar com si saludessin algú.

    Va tornar a entrar a la casa per guardar les eines. En apropar-se al calder, va posar-hi la mà a sobre. El metall era fred, però encara podia imaginar les sopes calentes que l'àvia preparava els dies de pluja. Va tancar els ulls i, per un instant, gairebé va sentir la seva veu. Quan els va obrir, una petita bombolla de sabó, va travessar la finestra oberta. Va surar lentament per la cuina, reflectint un món diminut de color verd i va esclatar sense fer soroll.
    L'Enric va sentir una tristesa serena. No es sentia trist només per l'absència, sinó també per comprendre que hi ha llocs que ja no es poden recuperar tal com eren... Les persones marxen, les cases envelleixen i els records canvien amb nosaltres...
    Abans de marxar, va deixar l'espantaocells dret, mirant cap als camps. No perquè espantés els ocells, sinó perquè d'alguna manera continués fent companyia a aquella casa que encara semblava esperar algú.
    https://elraconetdesalluna.blogspot.com/2026/07/la-casa-de-lavia.html
    Gràcies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'v also - finally - used the words.

    I like all your stories, and am reading it all, only stupid Blogger and crazy times deter me from commenting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gràcies per la part que em toca, Charlotte!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Words for Wednesday

Sunday Selections #754

Sunday Selections #791