Words for Wednesday



The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by Charlotte and can be found here.

This week's words/prompts are:

1.ants  2.sushi  3.meeting  4.miniature  5.juniper  6.leaves

and/or:

1.mushroom  2.seagull  3.windy  4.glass  5.knit  6.safe

also this image of a dormer window:

use either list or both, or mix and match, just have fun.

Charlotte's colour of the month is Jade Green as seen above the text here.

My own story will hopefully appear on this blog on Friday 17th


Comments

  1. Muito bom,vou ver se consigo! beijos, chica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. messymimi; I am not yet, but have all day tomorrow to get to it.

      Delete
    2. Mine will be in the usual place. I can’t put links in comments on your blog.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; thanks for the confidence.

      Delete
  4. Good words, nothing comes immediately to my mind, R. Look forward to your writings on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; I have only a vague idea so far.

      Delete
  5. I once lived under the roof - at my parents, when Granma moved back home. It had a proper window, just "covering" the roof so you could hear the rain.
    Then I moved to Hildesheim. Under the roof. With a window straight - not a sound when it rained - luckily this was just for my first semester as Ingo´d booked six months Australia in the car!
    Where we by accident sat on an ant´s nest - and my... they were big! It was dark and I wore socks, grabbed down and thought, "juniper?!" No... The ant´s body. Really "miniature" does not fit them! With Ingo I was safe, though.
    Years later one friend told me into trying sushi in Joondalup/Perth. Gack! I´d rather eat leaves from a tree! With mushrooms, of course. Sadly there were no seagulls who´d loved the sushi!
    Last time another friend talked me into ice-cream in a waffle after a cheese-omelette! I was so foolish to try and give the rest of the waffle at the windy shore to the seagulls in Mandurah. They nearly ME up. "Mine! MINE!!! MINE!!"
    Never again a meeting like that! (they were actually cute). We had a nice glass of lemon-water later. No time to knit, though, we had so much to talk about not having seen one another for so long! And I cannot do both.

    Looking forward to your story, this was of course all real memory from a not so creative person!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; I like your memory stories very much. I can pictures the seagulls dive-bombing you for the ice cream waffle. I am still trying to think what to write.

      Delete
    2. You work the words in to your own memories quite well!

      Delete
    3. Thank you, both. Well ... it was easy. I may not be creative but thanks to Ingo have seen a lot. Well and other friends, too!!! I´m rather the sit-at-home-guy.

      Delete
    4. Iris: molt bon ús de les paraules, fas bé d'aprofitar els records.

      Delete
  6. Aquí teniu el meu:

    El dia era ventós i les fulles del ginebró s'arrossegaven pel camí. Vam compartir una capsa de sushi asseguts sobre l'herba verda. La reunió del dissabte va començar de la manera més estranya possible, amb una gavina robant un tros de sushi que algú havia deixat sobre la taula i, a terra, unes formigues avançaven ordenadament cap el seu formiguer sense que s'entretinguessin per res... Algú havia portat una miniatura de vidre en forma de bolet, però ningú sabia d'on havia sortit... No estava segur d'haver vist una ombra amagant-se entre els arbres, només hi estava d'una cosa, vaig adonar-me que del jersei de la Neus penjava un punt desfet i quan vaig anar a tocar-lo, ella es quedà immòbil, mirant darrere meu. Quan vaig tornar a mirar-la, tenia el jersei perfectament... Al final, vam acabar rient mentre buscàvem la miniatura entre l'herba... tot i que semblava que el bosc ens observaba...

    Moltes gràcies!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paula; this is a good story, thank you for playing.

      Delete
  7. Ants, sushi, and seagulls -- what a combo! These words will spark some lively writing, I’m sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Veronica Lee; the words are a mixed bag this week and I have managed to use "ants" along with a few others, but not all of them. I'll work them in somewhere else next week maybe.

      Delete
  8. Un día de viento, una gaviota, encontró una miniatura de barco atrapada entre las hojas de un enebro.
    Intrigada, la llevó hasta una reunión secreta de hormigas, donde un anciano champiñón hacía de consejero. Sobre la cubierta de cristal del diminuto navío descansaba una bandeja de sushi, intacta.
    Las hormigas decidieron tejer un puente de hierbas para rescatar aquel extraño tesoro sin romper el delicado cristal. Cuando terminaron, comprendieron que no era el sushi lo más valioso, sino la confianza que habían construido unas con otras.
    Y desde entonces, cada vez que el viento agitaba las hojas del enebro, todos recordaban que ningún viaje es realmente seguro si se emprende en soledad.

    Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for publishing the words and promoting my colour. I have used the words for a small piece of "here & Now.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Here's my take on the prompts, a bit late:
    Fiction: Storms & Misfortunese

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Words for Wednesday

Sunday Selections #754

dented or otherwise damaged cans, what do you do?