Sunday Selections #218



Welcome back to Sunday Selections!

This once-a- week-meme was originally begun by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, as a way to showcase some of the many photos we all take, but don't get around to showing on our blogs.

The rules are very simple:-
1. post photos of your choice, old or new, under the Sunday Selections title
2. link back to me, River, somewhere in your post
3. leave me a comment so that I know you've joined in and can come over and see what you've posted.
4. hop on over to The Elephant’s Child to see more of her wonderful photos.
  Andrew often joins in too.

I usually go with a theme for my Sunday Selections and this week's theme is: 

early morning 

Last Sunday, in the predawn chill, I stepped outside to pick up the paper, which I have delivered each Sunday, because the shops don't open until 11am and I don't want to wait that long to read it. 
I saw gorgeous streaks of pink and grey as the sun was just coming up, so raced back in for the camera.
Wouldn't you know it, in the thirty or so seconds it took me to get back onto the porch, the pink had mostly disappeared!

Mostly grey dawn. Thirty seconds earlier, that faint pink was very bright, almost like a sunset.

There was a brighter patch of pink showing through the tree, but it doesn't show as bright in the photo.

The street lamps were still on, indicating that dawn hadn't yet fully arrived. You can see the sky is beginning to change from grey to blue however and a quarter hour later, the sky was all blue with not a cloud in sight.

Even without full daylight, the autumn colour between the green glowed nicely.


 Back inside I discovered an interloper had pinched the warm spot in my bed.

Angel. 
What do you mean get out? You left, the bed is mine now. (*~*)









Comments

  1. What a little sweetheart. You can forgive them anything when they look at you like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cat's bill of rights, don't you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how dogs look guilty and cats look entitled.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It always amazes me how fast the colours in the sky change. And yes, sometimes by the time I have got the camera they are gone.
    Angel looks very pleased with himself. As they do...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently took some dawn photos but I think it was the day after. It was a very fiery sky. I hope you asserted your authority and moved Angel over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful photo of Angel. :)

    I get my papers delivered on Saturdays and Sundays. I love my Saturday and Sunday mornings spent reading the paper sipping on a freshly-brewed coffee...early before I get into the swing of other things. How od that the shops don't open until 11 am there. They open at 7 am here where I am. And the bakery even earlier. I shot out early this morning to the bakery to pick up my Hot Cross buns which were still hot when I got them. Now my paper, coffee and buns beckon.

    Have a great week, River....cuddles to the beautiful Angel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Delores; that's the trouble, their cuteness.

    Joanne; what about my bill of rights? Huh? Huh?

    joeh; my dog somehow always managed to look like "it wasn't me, I don't know how it happened", then "you forgive me, right?" I miss him.

    fishducky; I know that guilty dog look, I've seen it on friends dogs.

    Elephant's Child; I'm sure Angel believes the bed belongs to him and he graciously allows me to sleep in it.

    Andrew; I should have moved him over, but I had the Sunday paper to read and my stomach was growling, so I left him there and had breakfast.

    Lee; it's a great shot! But my sheets look orangey, in reality they are raspberry. It's only on Sundays the shops don't open until 11am, every other day it is 7 for most and 6 for Coles in suburbia. I think the city Coles opens at 7 Mon-Sat.
    I've been thinking of having my Saturday paper delivered as well, especially in winter.
    The blacked out bedroom window and closed door are working, Angel and I are sleeping better with only a minor hiccup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep...I knew you meant only Sundays re the opening times for the stores where you are, but here in the village of Tamborine Mountain the supermarket, newsagency etc. open at 7 am on Sundays the same time as they do every other day during the rest of the week.

      The natives here on the hill would be up in arms if they didn't open until 11 am! It doesn't take much for the locals here to complain and whinge...I think it's their regular pastime. I'm sure they've formed a club!! ;)

      It never ceases to amaze (and annoy me) how many people write into the local weekly rag with some complaint or other! They're either eating too many sour grapes or indulging in too many lemons! lol

      That's good news re the blacked-out bedroom window etc. I hope it continues working for you. :)

      Delete
  8. But, there is beauty in that grey. A soft, taupe-y salmon. Beautiful.

    And, handsome Angel is always a delight to see.

    ReplyDelete
  9. "Drifting Through Life" has been included in our A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that we hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2015/04/a-sunday-drive.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vicki; it was a beautiful morning.

    Jerry E Beuterbaugh: thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I rather like the soft wash of colour across the sky, like a delicate watercolour. Beautiful photos!

    (I snuck over from Andrew's blog.)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jaquelineand; welcome to drifting. I quite like soft watercolours across the sky, most of the time I prefer stronger shades everywhere else though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You certainly don't have much time to photograph the sky. The other night here we had the most vivid red sunset but by the time I'd grabbed my camera it had faded to pink. Phil said he'd noticed the red sky and when I asked why he'd not told me he just gave me one of those looks.
    Angel certainly knows the right spot to be and it's a cat's privilege to 'take over' from we humans. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mimsie; sunsets hang around a little longer than sunrises, but still it pays to keep the camera close by the door.
    I don't mind Angel taking the warm spot as long as I remember to brush off the cat hair before I get back in bed later at night.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs