update on the CT scan thing

(*~*) disposable gown and knickers?
Good thing it was warm in there. I don't fancy freezing my nipples off.
AND the table I had to lie on was nicely padded with a thin, sheet covered mattress.

I told you all yesterday about how the scan went, today I was back at the clinic to get the results from Dr L.

He showed me the report sheet which said there was nothing visibly wrong with either kidney, not with the bladder either.
Then he said sometimes there can be tiny, tiny lesions  that don't get picked up on these CT scans and he'd like me to have a cystology exam, just to be sure.
Just to be on the safe side.

Lesions?? That's the word they use when they speak of cancer! He did say any with unexplained bleeding in a person my age, cancer is one of the first things they think of.
That's why they do so much testing immediately.
There is no point in putting off testing and finding out later that it should have been done.

I know this already. I put off having a pap smear for years, only to find that when I finally got around to it, I was already in trouble enough to need a hysterectomy. (1990) I didn't have cancer then, but the fast changing, widespread lesions were just a step away.
I got lucky!

So I'll go back to Dr L next Monday with another urine sample and hear all about how, where and when to have this cystology exam.
He asked if I had private hospital insurance and I do, thank you very much K.
So it will be soonish, rather than having my name added to a long waiting list somewhere.

life is fun isn't it?

Comments

  1. Well, I hope all is well, River...and I hope whatever caused your problem last week is soon cleared up and you receive positive answers to your questions. It sounds like you're doing all the right things, promptly and efficiently.

    It's time for you to snuggle in with Angel and give him lots of cuddles while he gives you much comfort in return. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you have the private insurance. Himself is (finally) using his, which is why he is going into hospital next week and not next year.
    I am glad that there is nothing to see yet, and hope they continue to find nothing. A big fat happy nothing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Someone once said, "Life is what happens while we're busy making other plans." He was right--good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lee; I believe in taking prompt action when my health is at stake.
    Angel has hardly left my side since I got home, but he's napping on the couch now.

    Elephant's Child; A big fat happy nothing will be fine with me too. But that leaves no explanation for the bleeding.

    fishducky; I keep making plans to win the lottery, but look what happened instead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you won't be out of pocket by using you private health cover. It is so annoying but I assume you did ask how long the public waiting list was.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you have a doctor who believes in being very thorough and also that you have private health insurance. We always use ours and quite often there is nothing to pay except for the $200 up front fee (I forget what they call it).
    My thoughts are with you and I do hope they will be able to set your mind at rest very soon.
    I am still wondering it could perhaps have been what I suggested in the email but then I am not a medico.
    Keep smiling and give Angel a cuddle from me. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad both you and your doctor are on top of things and hope, along with EC, that there's a big fat zero... particularly in place of a C.
    Wishing you only the best River -

    ReplyDelete
  8. All will be well, and thank goodness for modern medicine and insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It doesn't sound like much fun but better safe than sorry I always say. Crossed fingers and positive thoughts from here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Andrew; I didn't ask. I've been on waiting lists before and it's no picnic. This being an internal issue, I feel it needs to be resolved more quickly.

    Mimsie; I don't often go to the doctor, being rather disgustingly healthy, so when I do they take things seriously.

    Jac; thank you. I'll hope for a big fat 0 with an explanation.

    Joanne; one way or another, all will be well.

    Delores; I don't have any pain or other symptoms, but definitely going ahead with the testing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. love from me and I'm sure they are just using you to give their machines a workout to justify their govt grant. you'll be fine X X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs