Whimsical Wednesday # 173

Welcome back to Whimsical Wednesday!

The day for your googled giggle that gets you over the hump that is Wednesday and sliding down into the weekend.

today's giggle isn't googled, nor did it come to me via email. 

I found this in our very own Sunday Mail.

"During last week's census farmers made more than 250 reports of mice using their smart phones."

How about that?? The mice have their own smart phones!
We breed them clever downunder!




Here's the full article>>>
"Australia's first mouse census has exposed SA as having the worst mice infestations.
The CSIRO is encouraging farmers to use their smart phones and report mice levels to avoid spring plagues.
With high levels of infestation reported near Port Victoria, Lock, Pygery and Ceduna, Steve Henry from the CSIRO is warning there is "cause for vigilance" while farmers are sowing.
Mr Henry fears mice could survive winter and devastate crops come spring."




Comments

  1. That explains all the crank calls I've been getting lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand their phones have an APP to warn of nearby cats!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. joeh; those darn mice, eh?

    fishducky; a cat warning app? That's new (*~*)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those mice are smart little devils, that's for sure!

    What concerns me, however, is where do they get the money from to buy their smart phones??

    ReplyDelete
  5. So that explains the squeaky little telemarketer this morning...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lee; I hadn't thought of that, perhaps they steal a few grains from each crop and have their own marketing system?

    Jac; ha! that's funny :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often notice sentences like that these days. No more editing done it would seem.
    Gee, even I don't have a smart phone.
    That plague of mice sounds dreadful and I am sure they can do a lot of damage too. I guess better than a plague of rats.
    I'd say more cats may be needed in some areas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such teeny tiny little cell phones.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is it with mice?! I had to call an exterminator for one of our rental properties. Little buggers were coming in from the cold...

    No report on where they charged their tiny little phones, but now I suppose I'll be paying for THAT, too.

    ;-)

    Pearl

    p.s. Thank you for your kind words the other day. Some days are harder than others, but I'll get through this too, I suppose!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty elementary grammar really, but it does conjure up some interesting mental images or mice using apps.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mimsie; the absence of proof reading is a blessing in this case! I'll have to watch out for more. I don't have a smart phone either, and don't want one. we get mice plagues like this every few years or so, no one really knows why.

    Delores; you wouldn't think they made cell phones that small!

    Pearl; oh no! I hadn't thought of who pays their phone bills. No wonder they're laughing at us. (*~*)
    I know what you're going through, done it twice. It takes time, but one day you'll wake up and realise you feel better. :) :)
    You're resilient, you'll be fine.

    Happy Christine; I don't think head shaking will help, but thanks.

    Andrew; I think Pearl up there hit on the reason so many of us have out of control phone bills. It's the mice, using our accounts and electricity.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs