Sunday Selections #350

Welcome back to Sunday Selections.

Begun way back in the mist of time by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock and now continued by me, with a drastic relaxation of rules.


Originally meant for showcasing old photos lost on your files, never seeing the light of day, the meme has morphed into photos of your choice, new or old, good or not-so-good, anything you please, but nothing rude please.


If you are participating, please leave me a comment so I can buzz along and have a look.
Elephant's Child always participates, and her pictures are always worth seeing.


Today I'm showing you spring in Adelaide, South Australia

All my purple pelargoniums have bloomed at once

pretty?

this is one of the cuttings I started last year, the flower is a deep red, almost black. I'm hoping it does well, it isn't looking very good right now, but with watering it should pick up.

a neighbour has a bed of yellow iris that really light up their corner

 
 
the white cedar tree began blooming a couple of weeks ago and I didn't notice, just wondered why I suddenly had stuffy headaches.

it is covered in zillions of tiny pale purple flowers and the beginnings of what will be an avalanche of the yellow berries that will cover the footpath and driveway. 

how perfect is this snowy white geranium?

and this ruffly pink and white reminds me of little girls party dresses from long ago. I'm going to ask if I can take a cutting from this one.

another neighbour has snapdragons in a range of colours. I've planted plenty of these in years past,  but they have never grown for me.

we have small lakes of statice,

the colour is more intense in close up

and we have roses>>

like this gorgeous apricot climbing over a porch support,

and running in rivers along the driveway,

in pinks,

yellows,

and white.

and look at this! multi shades beginning with egg-yolk orange buds, opening to bright yellows, fading into white as the age and die. All on the one bush, all on the one stem actually. I could cut just one stem and have a bouquet 😎 and I would if they weren't so covered in aphids 😟

the lemon scented wattle bloomed without me noticing, by now most of the fragrance is gone, can you tell how wide it is? It's in the property next door to the community area here, it's a derelict property which has recently been sold and I very much hope the new owners don't cut down this tree when they demolish the house to rebuild.

look how packed it is with little balls of fluff,

here's a closer look. it's my favourite of all the wattles.
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Wow, those pelargoniums are gorgeous, as well as everything else. You're living in a veritable paradise, did you know that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharon; I did know that, and I'm pleased to report that plans to redevelop this area have once again been shelved.

      Delete
  2. The cedar is beautiful, but I think i would share your allergy to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. joeh; it's one of those 'beautiful but deadly' trees to all of us with allergies. Thankfully once the pollen is gone the tree doesn't affect me at all. That will be another week or so.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. fishducky; I know! I'm so glad I landed here instead of a densely populated highrise. There are some around with up to 60 flats just in one building, then there are six buildings of those on the one big block :(

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Grace; I like living here, apart from just a few neighbours, everyone is as nice as their gardens.

      Delete
  5. I love the statice. Maybe it's because for 18 years, my school colors were purple and white.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; purple and white? I don't think any of our schools have those colours. My high school colours were navy blue and white, with a lighter blue and white check for the summer dress.

      Delete
  6. Loving your spring. However, of them all, it is the roses which sing loudest to me today. I have a few roses in bud, but have no expectations of anything like that display.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; the driveway display of pinks are those roses especially bred to produce like that, the others are regular bushes planted in rows and patches. I'm thinking of a cutting from that last multi-hued one.

      Delete
  7. The glories of spring. The roses look wonderful. They are so good when planted en masse. That's a very late blooming wattle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; I love the roses we have everywhere, but Pat's patch isn't looking so good this year. She never did water deep enough and it's showing.
      I think it's the last of the wattles to bloom each year and I look forward to the fragrance, but I missed that this year because of using a different bus stop with a more reliable timetable.

      Delete
  8. Lovely blossoms...everything will be growing wildly up here after the wonderful and most welcome rain we received this past week, up until yesterday. Today looks like we're going to enjoy a clear blue sky.

    Have a good week, River...cuddles to Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; can you get out with a camera and show us your new spring growth?
      I'll cuddle Lola when she is ready, hugs to Remy and Shama.

      Delete
    2. I'll have to charge the batteries, River. I never remember to do it...and I never think to go around taking photos.

      I should...I know I should do both.

      It's ages since I've used my camera. It sits here on my desk, having forgotten its purpose in life.

      Delete
  9. Beautiful pictures River, your flowers are really gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jimmy; thank you. The flowers aren't all mine, I wander around the grounds here and take photos of everyone else's gardens too.

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. peppylady (Dora); I'm unable to grow them for some reason.

      Delete
  11. Amazing bunches of flowers. I rarely see that many together at once! I hope you are enjoying your spring. So far I am thankful our fall is mild. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Elf Christine; thank you, this is what spring is like every year here. In just a few short weeks, it's possible they'll all be sunburned.

      Delete
  12. Loved seeing all those flowers.

    What a fun meme. I may have to come back and join it some Sunday.

    Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Joyful Chaos; you're welcome to join us anytime and it doesn't have to be every Sunday.

      Delete
  13. So delightful seeing all the color your Spring brings you along with those unwelcome allergies. We are turning brown here with only dull colors for Fall. Thanks for those snapdragons. I have missed them here and will change that next spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; the colours here are so varied, it's almost like the autumn blazes of the northern hemisphere. I hope you get some snapdragons going next spring.

      Delete
  14. Wow! Loved all of your photographs.
    Spring in Adelaide is showing some amazing coloured flowers.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lowcarb team member; thank you, Adelaide usually does spring pretty well.

      Delete
  15. The flowers do look ever so pretty.
    Wattle is something to behold and always showy, as we travelled in NSW and Vic we saw wattle coming out but none in Queensland because of the time of year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret-whiteangel; I'm surprised there are no wattles in Queensland this time of year. I know you travelled through our winter, but it's warmer in Queensland so I thought there would be wattle. Perhaps it's too tropical.

      Delete
  16. The sheer abundance of colour and texture in your pictures is amazing to my eye. We have mostly grass and green-leaved trees around here, not very many flowering shrubs in the whole town and not any trees that are showy like that. Your pictures are a feast for the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful and colorful blossoms. Lovely bushes. It would be a very good sight to see all of them in one place...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs