Sunday Selections

Welcome back to Sunday Selections.

Begun way back in the mist of time by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock and now continued by me, with a drastic relaxation of rules.

Originally meant for showcasing old photos lost on your files, never seeing the light of day, the meme has morphed into photos of your choice, new or old, good or not-so-good, anything you please, but nothing rude please.

If you are participating, please leave me a comment so I can buzz along and have a look.
Elephant's Child always participates, and her pictures are always worth seeing.


continuing from last week:

that same bright sunshine but the clouds have moved on

here they are hanging around over the hills area, with a blue sky smile peeping through

all the local hawthorn bushes are covered in buds

one of the more funny characters living in these flats, I won't show his face without asking him first

cyclamen are everywhere

and I do mean everywhere

the deep purple velvet of pansies is a favourite of mine, it's the colour of dreams

a weather-beaten daisy is still beautiful

colourful geranium leaves

spurge (euphorbia) is blooming again

I like the 'pixie-hat' shape of the tiny flowers

the gorgeous red bronze of new growth on the roses

coming back for more next week?














Comments

  1. Ah, love these photos - Usually like all your garden/outdoor photos - All the pretty plants and colors. Yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace; things are looking very colourful around here right now.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful stuff, I'll be back!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too. Love the beautiful plants and colors. Interested in what makes that man funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; his mind works in mysterious ways, often flights of fancy are involved.

      Delete
  4. DEFINITELY coming back. And would love to be able to wander the streets with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; when you come to visit we shall do just that.

      Delete
  5. I love cyclamen. It's a house plant here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne; it is a house plant here too, but does much better outside.

      Delete
  6. Of course I'll be back...just like Arnie!!

    I hope you have a great week, River...cuddles to Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; I knew you'd come back :) The week is shaping up just fine.

      Delete
  7. Yes, i will want to come back next week.

    This week, i went back to the garden also. It will be up in a few hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; and after that? Of course you'll be here.

      Delete
  8. Those pixie hat things are cute. The cyclamen sounds like an antibiotic. I'm not a fan of geraniums. My grandma had some in her house, and their leaves didn't smell very pleasant to me. The daisy here is my favorite picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; my mum grew geraniums everywhere she went, mostly because they will grow just about everywhere. Nothing delicate about geraniums. the spurge (pixie hats) is a sizeable bush when full grown.

      Delete
  9. Your head in the clouds again. Our potted cyclamen is past its prime now. The ones in your photos seem to be in large planters. Good idea. I haven't seen any roses shooting here yet, but perhaps I am not looking. It is certainly very vivid new growth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; my head is always in the clouds. Good thing my feet are firmly on the ground right? These cyclamen are in big planters, those big black recycling crates that used to be available before recycling wheelie bins.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs