Words for Wednesday

 

The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by Charlotte and can be found here.

This week's words/prompts are:

1.snake  2.linen  3.cake  4.tired  5.letter  6.clip

and/or:

1.brush  2.matter  3.rake  4.blue  5.bush  6.read

use either list or both, or mix and match, just have fun.

Charlotte's colour of the month is Jade Green as seen above the text here.

My own story will hopefully appear on this blog on Friday 31st


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; it certainly will be.

      Delete
  2. My story will be in the usual place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Margaret D; I just now finished writing it and it is scheduled for Friday.

      Delete
  4. All I can come up with is the year 1995:

    We left our car (no 4-wheeler) in Harvey Bay and took the boat to Fraser Island.
    It´s sand and bush. We had Bundeswehr bags on our backs, mine was some whopping 11kg.
    We had our thumbs up and went hitchhiking as far as we could, the rest on foot and there it was.
    A path, very narrow and a big, yellow, injured but alive snake across the path.
    Ingo went first and the snake moved. I thought, "bIngo, now it can guess another one will follow and....." but no, it was too injured to bite me.
    The Jade Green jungle became safer again....
    I was so tired I fell asleep in our tent without eating.
    Once per month I sent a letter to my parents - of course I did not mention this - if they read that, huhhhh - and it didn´t matter anyway! (I was 24 years old).
    Fraser Island has one of the bluest lakes -Lake McKenzie - but it was too cold for a swim!!!

    Again, I hope for a real good story on Friday from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; I haven't been to Fraser Island but I have been to Bribie Island, which is smaller, friends were going and asked if we wanted to join them, so we did. My daughter was two years old, it was her birthday and I was nine months pregnant with my son who was born the very next day. So I couldn't run around and play, but it was a lovely day out, we ate fish and chips, had ice creams. Made a small sandcastle. Your story brings memories for me. We didn't see snakes, but further down the beach a child was stung by a jellyfish and we could hear the screaming until an ambulance took him away. Most people got out of the water after that happened.

      Delete
    2. Wee you are one brave person!!!! Going on a holiday like that! Gee and I thought box jellyfishes were typical for NT! Where they call them sea wasps. I never went into the ocean there. Now I have the sea wasp right in front of my eyes (from the museum) and the dark room where we experienced cyclone Tracy.
      We can play memory-games, I reckon ;-)

      Delete
  5. Un gusto pasar por tu casa. Besitos

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A golden snake was embroidered on each corner of the linen tablecloth. A posh wedding cake took centre stage but I was tired after my long drive from Adelaide Airport. I needed some downtime.Anyway, the wedding ceremony would not be for another three hours.There was a special letter in my inner pocket, held together with a large red paper clip.

    Up in my room I took a brush to my black shoes . There was some fecal matter on one of the soles. Bloody dogs! My hair was all over the place as if a garden rake had been pulled through it.

    Would I wear my navy blue tie or the jade green one? I had no inclination to beat about the bush with that choice as I settled down to read "Love Story" by Erich Segal. It would pass a couple of hours before the ceremony in the hotel ballroom. At last, Elsie River and Sean Jeating were tying the knot. The envelope contained tickets to a theatrical performance in Melbourne - "Shrek The Musical". It was my wedding gift to the happy couple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aquí vos deixo el meu:

    La primera vegada que vaig veure la serp, només en vaig distingir un reflex entre un arbust verd. Va desaparèixer sense fer soroll, com si el vell mur se l'hagués empassada. Entre les branques s'obria una escletxa per on s'endevinava un tros de cel d'un blau impecable. Vaig deixar la jaqueta de lli sobre una pedra, el rasclet, un raspall de pues suaus i la motxilla, on duia un tros de pastís que havia sobrat del dia anterior. Amb unes tisores vaig retallar les branques seques que amagaven una part del mur. A poc a poc aparegué una lletra gravada a la pedra. M'hi vaig apropar per llegir-la, però l'erosió només en deixava entreveure el contorn. Em preguntava quina matèria podia conservar una inscripció durant tant de temps... Em sentia cansada i me vaig seure per menjar el tros de pastís i va ser com posar oli en un llum! Abans de marxar, vaig passar el raspall per damunt de la molsa. La lletra continuava incompleta...
    —Qui sap si un altre dia!— vaig pensar quan guardava les eines...
    Vaig tornar pel mateix camí, mentre l'heura tornava a ocupar el seu lloc.

    Moltes gràcies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's my take on the prompts, a bit late:
    Fiction: Bad Hair Day

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Words for Wednesday

Sunday Selections #754

dented or otherwise damaged cans, what do you do?