Sometimes on the way to your dream,

you get lost and find a better one.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Wednesday's Words on a Friday




On Wednesdays, Delores, from Under The Porch Light, has a meme which she calls
“Words for Wednesday”.

She puts up a selection of six words which we then use in a short story, or a poem.
I’m hopeless at poetry so I usually do a story.

It’s a fun challenge…why not join in?

This week's words are:

1. mellifluous
2. endangered
3. crabby
4. flaunt
5. gravy
6. turpentine


Here is what I've done:

the clues.

the challenge.






Delores has also given us a sentence prompt:

"the cold grey gun barrel of winter."

That's a toughie, winter down here in Australia isn't all that cold and grey for very long.




 

12 comments:

  1. That cover everything and it's different.
    Merle......... ........... ..........

    ReplyDelete
  2. English is my first language image if it was my second.
    Merle....... ............ ..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delores; thank you, I was just doodling the words on scrap paper.

    Elephant's Child; thank you too.

    Merlesworld; I couldn't work them into a story, so tried something different. As a second language, crosswords are a great way to learn English.

    fishducky; thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, aren't you the clever one? Love it. I wondered how anyone could put that unusual group of words into a story, but you pulled it off in a very creative way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan; I enjoy doing crosswords, but creating one was a very different experience.

    Weekend-Windup; welcome to drifting. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just so brilliant. I too enjoy doing crosswords (and playing Scrabble online) but I would never attempt to compose a crossword and take my hat off to those that do. Clever you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mimsie; I played scrabble online for a while, just against the computer, not other people, then the free trial ran out and they wanted me to pay for the game. I've never made a crossword before, this is my first.

    ReplyDelete