Musical Monday # 15



Musical Monday 

I was introduced to Musical Monday by Delores who copied the meme from another site.

I think it’s a fun way to show off some of the music we like and brighten up our Mondays at the same time. 

I’ll be finding my clips on you tube, so will simply credit that site since there are often so many versions of everything and I wouldn’t want to accidentally credit the wrong artist.

Today’s clip is Roy Orbison

California Blue,
with oceans for everyone and some spectacular sunsets just for Elephant's Child.

and the lyrics, with even more beautiful beaches.

The first verse is printed in yellow and a little hard to read, so here it is:

"Working all day 
and the sun don't shine,
Trying to get by
and I'm just killing time.
I feel the rain,
Fall the whole night through
Far away from you, 
California Blue"

I hope you enjoy this one, it's a little sad and brings a tear or two to the eyes.

Comments

  1. Such an incredibly mellow voice. And thank you for the sunsets too - I loved them (and the ocean).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That man had such a voice...and every word clear as a bell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elephant's Child; I knew you'd love the sunsets as much as I did. Roy did have a very unique voice.

    Delores; a great voice and it's nice to hear songs where the words are easily understood. So much of today's music is just sounds like gobbledegook to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi River,

    Rob Orbison. What an amazing voice that man had. I love these videos. Thanks for this and a great way to start my week.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  5. klahanie; I like almost every song he did. I say almost because I'm not sure how many there are and if I have heard them all or not.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a half century ago when Roy Orbison started his career; about 1964 I believe, However, a great performer

    ReplyDelete
  7. You big softie, It did it to me too. re last paragraph.
    I'LL "play it again" soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The sun is shining here, but there is ice in the air! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Vest; I've played it several times.

    Lee; it's a little frosty here in the early hours too. Not yet enough to take the breath away though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This time you hit the spot with me. Beautiful song sung by an outstanding artist and oh, those oceans and sunsets. This post has everything going for it. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mimsie; I'm so glad you liked this one. It's very beautiful isn't it? oceans and sunsets...what dreams are made of.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs