Joanne; me too, I'll be happier if the farmers get some, they're growing our summer fruit right now.
joeh; it will have to pass across our eastern states first, if there's any left after that, it's all yours.
Elephant's Child; I do hope you get some, there was plenty of colour left in the clouds when they passed on. We have a few clouds left here, but there's blue sky too.
Lee; perhaps you'll get some when Canberra has finished with it.
Barbara Neubeck; I'll have to watch the weather report more closely and see which areas outside of Adelaide are getting rain. I know they need it over on the Yorke Peninsula.
Pearl; I've seen that type of rain on TV, fluffy white stuff you can shovel around. :)
Delores; in our dryer than dry country we need lots of it.
That is great after the hot weather you've been having. Sorry but you may get more heat next week as we have a couple of days in the high 30s forecast in Perth. We have been promised showers here but nary a sign of precipitation so still watering the garden twice weekly and by hand for pots etc each day. Hopefully the rain will reduce the high fire danger in South Australia as well.
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Starting this week with a "wish" who remembers cupping one of these in the palm of your hand, making a wish and then blowing it away? If it flew up and away your wish was supposed to come true. I dug around in the pot where I had planted pieces of a sprouting potato and came up with these tiny morsels, the coffee mug is for size reference. Did I already show this recently? I bought a couple of "Heirloom" tomatoes fo...
Long ago, Kim of Frog Ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. Nothing rude or vulgar though. And we don't mind at all if other bloggers care to join us. In memory of Elephant's Child, the meme is now continued by myself and a few others. Andrew is one. Messymimi is another. Drop in to their blogs and have a look. Wisewebwoman has also been joining us occasionally. Charlotte's colour of the month for May is Gold : The colour of sunshine, daffodils, little yellow dandelions before they become puffballs, baby chicken and ducklings too are golden . the pan is prepared, the ingredients are measured and ready, look at those gloriously golden egg yolks, and the golden butter, let's mix and bake just out of the oven, a golden lemon ricotta cake time to take off the paper, and see it ...
Welcome to 2026! I hope this is a good year for everyone, hopefully even better than last year. Try not to fall over folks, it's not fun. 🌞🎈🎉 Coming to you from sunny Australia, that big lump of land under the equator. Sunday Selections will be continuing, hosted by me , participation is optional, if you can't manage every week for any reason, that's okay. Words for Wednesday will also be continuing, hosted by me , and again, participation is optional, play when you can, take a break when you need to. Charlotte will be providing a colour for each month as she did last year, we try to use the colour somewhere in our posts, either photographing something with that colour or using it in another way. This month's colour is Carmine: Isn't that just gorgeous? And why is my text in two different sizes?
I am so happy for Adelaide.
ReplyDeleteWhen you're done with it, can you send it to California?
ReplyDeleteGood. It is hot and dry here - with luck some of that moisture will make it over here.
ReplyDeleteJoanne; me too, I'll be happier if the farmers get some, they're growing our summer fruit right now.
ReplyDeletejoeh; it will have to pass across our eastern states first, if there's any left after that, it's all yours.
Elephant's Child; I do hope you get some, there was plenty of colour left in the clouds when they passed on. We have a few clouds left here, but there's blue sky too.
Areas in Brisbane copped a lot of rain during storms on Wednesday, but we received very little here. We need it badly.
ReplyDelete... happy to hear about the rain, River... I hope the farmers get some, Too ...
ReplyDeleteHugs ... Barb xx
We have rain, too. In the form of snow, so that it can be moved around more easily.
ReplyDeleteThat's what I'm telling myself until, oh, April.
Pearl
glad you got some rain
ReplyDeleteLee; perhaps you'll get some when Canberra has finished with it.
ReplyDeleteBarbara Neubeck; I'll have to watch the weather report more closely and see which areas outside of Adelaide are getting rain. I know they need it over on the Yorke Peninsula.
Pearl; I've seen that type of rain on TV, fluffy white stuff you can shovel around. :)
Delores; in our dryer than dry country we need lots of it.
That is great after the hot weather you've been having. Sorry but you may get more heat next week as we have a couple of days in the high 30s forecast in Perth.
ReplyDeleteWe have been promised showers here but nary a sign of precipitation so still watering the garden twice weekly and by hand for pots etc each day.
Hopefully the rain will reduce the high fire danger in South Australia as well.