Oh Yum!

 


It's Kiwifruit season! 

The kiwi gold comes first, with the yellow fruit and lighter brown skin, then the green ones a few weeks later, with green fruit and slightly darker brown skin.

The ones you see here are the Kiwi gold.

Sweet and cold from the fridge and an excellent source of Vitamin K as well as Vitamin C

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Ruby Rose and the Big Little Angels 3; buy one first and see if you like it before buying a bagful, they need to be stored in the fridge and eaten fairly quickly, they don't "keep" long.

      Delete
  2. Do you grow your own? Melbourne is fine for growing delicious kiwifruit, but you do need plenty of space.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hels; no I do not, I grow nothing edible, the tiny plot I call my garden is entirely useless, choked with tree roots. The only thing the snails and other critters leave alone are the succulents, the jades.

      Delete
  3. Y que ricos que están. Feliz día. Saludos desde Bitácora literaria España

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nuria de Espinosa; they are delicious and I buy them every year.

      Delete
  4. Adoro Kiwis e fiquei com vontade agora,rs
    beijos, lindo fim de semana, chica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. chica, do you have them now where you are or do you wait for the season still?

      Delete
  5. I´ll keep my eyes open for some later! Hmmmm-yum. Well, hopefully. Some are like stones even in "summer"....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris; when do you have them there? Squeeze just a little and if you feel it a tiny bit soft it will be fine to eat. I don't often see them in summer, that's when we have peaches and apricots and nectarines...more yum.

      Delete
    2. I think we have them all year round! I´ll check tomorrow (as Sundays shops are closed, very annoying).

      Delete
  6. Kiwi Gold are really nice to eat, my husband always has some each week whilst in season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; Kiwi gold are my favourite and I ate my last two yesterday, so I will need to go to the shops today for more.

      Delete
  7. I've never tried Kiwi Gold, only the Green ones -- I think I will buy some and be adventurous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra She Who Seeks; they are very nice, but some can be a little tart.

      Delete
  8. Those are favorites, I hope I can get some here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; I hope you can find some though it may not be the right season there yet.

      Delete
  9. I do like kiwi, and they are nutritious.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lowcarb team member; they are nutritious, but that isn't usually my first thought with foods that I like.

      Delete
  10. I love kiwi fruit. My eldest daughter is allergic to it, as we discovered one day when she was staying with us.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Words for Wednesday

Sunday Selections #754

dented or otherwise damaged cans, what do you do?