Sunday Selections # 337

Welcome back to Sunday Selections.

Begun way back in the mist of time by Kim of Frog Ponds Rock and now continued by me, with a drastic relaxation of rules.


Originally meant for showcasing old photos lost on your files, never seeing the light of day, the meme has morphed into photos of your choice, new or old, good or not-so-good, anything you please, but nothing rude please.


If you are participating, please leave me a comment so I can buzz along and have a look.
Elephant's Child always participates, and her pictures are always worth seeing.


I was wandering around with my camera, looking for Angel, and this is what I saw:

the white cedar tree is so heavy with berries this year, I'm going to avoid walking under it when they start dropping. It would be like trying to walk on marbles.

this magpie was warbling so prettily, then>>

he took off, desperately trying to escape from the crow that had chased him out of the tree. I watched for quite a while and that crow was not giving up. Every time the magpie tried to rest the crow swooped at him again. It was too fast for me to capture on camera.

I used to see lots of these two-toned geranium leaves, now this bush is the only one.

a pink carpet of fallen camellias, and one pink peg.

a pretty sky, the clouds were constantly changing, there must have been  a lot of wind up there.

this gorgeously shaped trunk and branches is rarely as bare as this, even now new leaves are budding.

two budgies happily singing and whistling.

a quiet corner.

and a family of meerkats 😎
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Comments

  1. Loved walking with you. And the family of meerkats.
    Still so very sad about Angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; Things are looking pretty even this time of year. The meerkats are about half the size of real ones. A couple of unfeeling neighbours have suggested I stop this fruitless searching and just get another cat :(

      Delete
    2. I won't defile your blog with what I think of the neighbours.

      Delete
    3. It's the ones without pets who say that. They just don't "get" the connection we have to our loved furry ones.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Author R. Mac Wheeler; they're cute aren't they? I used to have some my ex made from a bag of left over plaster he found somewhere. He had no moulds or pictures, just shaped them from memory.

      Delete
  3. The meerkats are on the look-out for Angel, and the budgies hopefully will set off an alarm when they spot him.

    Is that stupid idiot still living upstairs? I hope they've moved him on...to a tent on top of Uluru!!

    I hope this week brings you a happy surprise, River, with Angel scratching at your door. One day closer until his return. Take good care...my positive thoughts are with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; one day closer to his return, I like that. Yes, Looney Louie is still upstairs, right now he's pushing his vacuum cleaner over the floor. There's been no more trouble, but the damage is done. I'm uncomfortable here now.

      Delete
    2. I can understand how you must be feeling, River...I would be, too. But, try your hardest to put him out of your mind. People like him aren't worth wasting your own precious time, energy and thoughts on. I know that's easier said than done...and I don't always heed my own advice. :)

      Delete
    3. He's out of my mind a lot, but home just doesn't feel like home now. I guess that will take time.

      Delete
    4. "One day closer" is a beautiful way to think about it!!

      Delete
  4. I haven't seen the variegated leaved geranium for years. I am surprised the crow wins the battle against a magpie. I suppose they are bigger. Very cute meerkats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; the crow was bigger and I think the magpie was a young one, his wings weren't the pure white of adult birds. I'll watch the geraniums and see what colour the flowers are in spring. If I like them, I'll ask for a cutting.

      Delete
  5. .. nice walk River... I love the pink peg among the camellia blooms.. perfect placement .. xxx
    We have the Noisy Minor birds gang up on the crows and magpies here.They are expert dive bombers...
    I like the little nook you showed us..
    .. Hugs... Barb xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barbara; I didn't notice the peg until I stepped on it, it's the same colour as the flowers. That camellia bush is about 15 feet tall.

      Delete
  6. I like the camellias and the geranium leaves. My grandma used to have geraniums, and I remember that they did not smell good to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Val; some geraniums smell better than others. there is one around here with different shaped leaves that are lemon scented when crushed, the flowers are pale, pale purple.

      Delete
  7. I like the tree trunk and branches, I bet it's a whole different look once the leaves come in, the meerkats just make you want to smile.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jimmy; once the leaves come in it's hard to see any of the trunk or branches without climbing into it, it gets quite dense. Meerkats always make me smile, we have some in our zoo here and I spend quite a bit of time watching them when I'm there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow oh wow oh wow. Where to even start commenting? Amazing photos, particularly as it's winter there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love seeing the assortment of photos as you go about your neighbourhood. I really, really hope Angel is making his way back to you. There are many true stories about animals that return months and even years after disappearing; I hope you have that happy ending too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs