Sunday Selections # 541

 Long, long ago, in days of yore...Kim of Frog ponds Rock, (who no longer blogs), dreamed up a meme called Sunday Selections. 

A place where those who were willing could put up photos they wanted to share, new, old, good, bad or indifferent, any photos you please. 

Nothing rude or vulgar though.

And we don't mind at all if overseas bloggers care to join us.

The meme is now continued by Elephant's Child and I occasionally join in as do a few others. Andrew is one.  Messymimi is another. Drop in to Elephant's Child and have a look.

A little more help from the girls this week:


Riley: we are helping mum hang her washing where it will get the warm air from the airconditioner


Meg: here's another piece Mum.


Gillian: my hair is standing up all funny from wearing the glove beanie too long, I don't want to wear it ever again.


Jordan: plenty of space right here for something small


Gillian: I'm supervising


Meg: these are Mum's new winter singlets, they're so soft.


Gillian: still supervising


Meg: the basket is empty Mum


Riley and Jordan: Yay! we finished

Moving into the kitchen:


chicken


flour and beaten eggs


fine crumbs for coating


18 chicken schnitzels for the freezer
and after all that hard work:


a delicious hot chocolate in my new mug, a gift from "no-one"


this is the newest design on the cheap tissues I buy


there's even paw prints across the top


winter sky in Adelaide, Australia


this silver birch hasn't yet lost all its leaves


streets around here are lined with trees


this fence wasn't this colour the last time I walked past, but I like it


and here is my favourite colour, on a fence! the house trim is the same colour


hello sunshine, hello outside people
Riley: I see mum coming back with her camera, can't wait to see the photos!


Comments

  1. Love that the girls are so very helpful.
    Some beautiful scenes this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elephant's Child; thank you, the girls love helping, but sometimes they are too busy listening to stories from Harley. I had to edit and get all my captions added back in, don't know why they disappeared.

      Delete
  2. The girls were busy helping Mom. Looks like you fixed them a nice meal and then they got to enjoy looking out at the great outdoors. A good day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; the meal was delicious, chicken schnitzel and chips. The captions have been added now.

      Delete
  3. Gillian takes on so much responsibility, that is probably the toughest job. They have earned their tea, such helpful orphans they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda Sue; supervising is tough, you have to watch everyone at once. Gillian is good at it.

      Delete
  4. I try to coerce Remy and Shama into helping me with the housework...to no avail!

    Have yourself a fun, relaxed week, River. Cuddles to the lovely Lady Lola. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lee; cats don't do housework, they only things they ever clean are their food bowls. Lola is being very cuddly lately.

      Delete
  5. Something must be happening outside to have the family lined up at the window.

    I saw those tissues boxes on a supermarket shelf somewhere. Nice.

    Your tea mug is funny.

    They are very substantial and attractive fences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andrew; they enjoy the warmth from the sunshine, as I do. and they were watching for me to come home.
      The tissue boxes are a nice change from the usual dull brown.
      I love that mug! Hot chocolate tastes so much better in it.
      The fences are newly painted in my favourite colours, especially the blue.

      Delete
  6. All my captions disappeared! Damn. I'll see if I can edit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those fence colors are nice, especially the blue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne; in real life it's more turquoise/teal, hard to describe, but beautiful.

      Delete
  8. A very busy day, it's good to have company while doing it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. messymimi; I like busy days, I get a feeling of satisfaction when I finally sit down to watch the news.

      Delete
  9. Laundry basket looks mighty big.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dpra; it looks big because the girls are small, only 7 1/2- 8 inches tall.

      Delete
  10. You must be preparing for winter in Australia. Yours is in our summertime over here. Does it snow where you are?

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victor; I always make large amounts and freeze them in single serve portions, it saves a lot of time later although it is a lot of work on the day. It doesn't snow in Adelaide, we never even get frost on the ground this close to the city. Sometimes the outer suburbs get frost and the Adelaide Hills areas get snow maybe once per winter and not very much, maybe a half inch that quickly melts away.

      Delete
  11. Their clothes are gorgeous - did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret D; no I did not, I bought one dress from ebay and when it was a perfect fit I contacted the seller and asked for more.

      Delete
  12. I love these girls and their activities! A beautiful post. I love their clothes.

    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WWW; I love them too, they are such happy little helpers. They are happy with their dresses too.

      Delete
  13. Wonderful mug, wonderful tissues box and a blue fence. What more could you ask for ... a story about the four hedheads? We were given this a well. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; thank you. My favourite this week is the fence, I've never seen one in my favourite colour before.

      Delete
  14. Loved this!! You all had fun, my clothes are still to dry, right behind me. Inside cause.. Peanut might get into them!
    Hmmm... chicken - good idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris Flavia; my clothes dried reasonably quickly because I had the warm air blowing on them. I wouldn't like squirrels getting into my things either. The chicken was lovely.

      Delete
  15. I feel like I spent the day with you, River. A very productive day it was for you, too.
    I can identify with the beanie-hair. Except mine just gets that way sleeping on it. Bah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. jenny_o; what to do about the beanie hair? With us we can just comb it back down, but the dolls have nylon hair. I may have to wet it and tie it down somehow. It was a great day, we got so much done.

      Delete
  16. Poor Gillian, having a bad hair day. I bet her hair could be re-styled in the same manner. Like you said above, maybe wet it. Then put the beanie on with the hair laid down just right. It didn't seem to affect her spirit, though! I like your Witches Brew mug! And the tissue box.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs