Wednesday's Words on a Friday


 The original Words for Wednesday was begun by Delores and eventually taken over by a moveable feast of participants when Delores had computer troubles. Sadly, Delores has now closed her blog forever due to other problems.

The aim of the words is to encourage us to write. A story, a poem, whatever comes to mind.

If you are posting an entry on your own blog, please let us know so we can come along to read it and add a few encouraging words.

This month the words/prompts are supplied by Lissa and can be found here

This week's words/prompts are: 

01. secret 

02. garden 

03. walk 

04. world 

05. abandon 

06. magic 

07. life 

08. forever 

09. key 

10. spring 

Here is my story: 

It was in the Spring that she told me. We met in the garden, to walk, she said, and we did for a while, admiring the blooms.

 Then with wild abandon she threw her arms around me. "I can't keep this secret any longer," she said. "I want the world to know that you hold the key to my heart, I am yours forever. The magic of life has begun within me. Tony, you're going to be a father."

My mind reeled with shock and fury. I'd been so careful. Today I'd been about to tell her we could no longer see each other, that I was married, although I wasn't and had planned never to be married. I had a yacht waiting for me two hours away down the coast road. My carefully constructed world of lies and deceptions began to crumble as she backed away from the look on my face. How was I going to get out of this mess? 



Comments

  1. Oops! How will this end? Good use of the prompts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charlotte; it doesn't end well. He is a philanderer, a spoiled rich boy-man, wo has done and got what he wanted his whole life. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Oh my Tony, this is a fine mess you have gotten yourself into. Hope you do the right thing but it doesn't look like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arkansas Patti; a very fine mess and the girl will be sorry she ever met him. He is not of good character.

      Delete
  3. Will it be a boy or girl. Coffee is on and stay safe
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dora; who knows? but she will have to go it alone I think, the boy-man wants nothing to do with marriage or children.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Margaret D; yes, he was spoiled his whole life and will probably realise his mistakes when he is old and lonely.

      Delete
  5. "I can't marry you," he said, "it's bigamy!"

    "It's bigamy," she repeated, " and big of you too!"

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, boy. This is like really bad. Back in the 70´s women were sent to Denmark to get rid of the... "mistake", but my Dad refused , so I can say "hello" now.
    Hope this one will come to his senses and welcome the baby?
    To be continued?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iris Flavia; I don't know how this will turn out. He wants to keep his fancy free lifestyle.

      Delete
  7. Well, that certainly took a different turn than I expected! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This could go many directions, none of them for the best, just some less worse than others, if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  9. He turned with a big, fake smile on his face. Hugged her with delight. Announced that he had an important meeting and had to leave but they would celebrate tonight. Then Tony left and was never seen again by her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is what happens when you lie, something always makes it harder to keep the lie. Good use of the prompts.

    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

kitchen tip #?????

being unaccustomed to public speaking,

I've been trying to contact Haagen-Dazs